I've just heard that there's been an unconfirmed explosion at Heathrow airport.

Anybody got any news on this? I'm trying to find a news story but nothings up yet, I just caught it on the TV a minute ago.

EDIT:

It would appear that the thing at Heathrow wasn't connected or at all what they previously thought it was.

Probably just some idiot getting panicky and phoning in a false alarm.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Last edited by Derigiberble at Jun 30, 2007,
It isn't on Wiki yet, so it must have literally been seconds ago if it has happened!

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Yeah it's just said there wasn't an explosion but a car has been driven into Heathrow on fire again. This is literally minutes old.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

I may be labelled racist for this, but I'm sure others wouild wonder . . . was this one of those extreme muslims? Or just like, a deranged Scotsman?

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
The one in Glasgow was two asians of some description. It's unlikely it was a terrorist attack though.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by Froddy
I may be labelled racist for this, but I'm sure others wouild wonder . . . was this one of those extreme muslims? Or just like, a deranged Scotsman?

Without offending any Glaswegians...the incident was in Glasgow and we all know what Glasgow is like

and i don't think anyone knows who it was or why it happened yet.
A jeep on fire smashed through the terminal in Glasgow airport not heathrow. It was 2 asian guys (apparently) and they had petrol and gas canisters. Its not minutes old, it happened earlier at about 3.30pm.
It did say on the news that one of the asian men in Glasgow was shouting "Allah" repeatedly as he attacked a policemen but then again he could have been shouting anything really.
EDIT: To person above, put the news on. douche.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Quote by clement1
A jeep on fire smashed through the terminal in Glasgow airport not heathrow. It was 2 asian guys (apparently) and they had petrol and gas canisters. Its not minutes old, it happened earlier at about 3.30pm.

Heathrow Airport was the thread title not Glasgow
Dammit.. Get Jack Bauer! .. Terror attacks are B.S its like the most pussy way too fight..

Im tired of these extremists...
Hopefully no one got hurt
Quote by PullTigerTail
It did say on the news that one of the asian men in Glasgow was shouting "Allah" repeatedly as he attacked a policemen but then again he could have been shouting anything really.
EDIT: To person above, put the news on. douche.

I did have the news on douche, i live in Glasgow you moron and it has been on tv for hours.
It would appear that the thing at Heathrow wasn't connected or at all what they previously thought it was.

Probably just some idiot getting panicky and phoning in a false alarm.
Quote by CornLord

The asian guy was caught by a passer by.

All other terrorist attacks the offenders get away...Glasgow...those ****er go down.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
The asian guy was caught by a passer by.

All other terrorist attacks the offenders get away...Glasgow...those ****er go down.

yeah, apparently the passer by kncoked him down with his "forearm", then the police arrested him, the jeep driver, not the passer by lol

EDIT: I really hope this **** sorts itself out soon, cos im meant to be going on holiday on monday mornign and we will be flying from gatwick
Quote by Avopeac
the best part about this is getting to lol @ scottish accents.

What is wrong with our accents?

Or is it just Glaswegian accents?
oh yeah, where did you hear about this explosion at heathrow ?
Quote by Cadj

What is wrong with our accents?

Or is it just Glaswegian accents?

how big a difference is there?
Quote by Avopeac
how big a difference is there?

imo Glaswegians are more strange, compared to other Scottish accents.
You can tell if you're speaking to someone from Glasgow and it's harder to distinguish where someone without a Glaswegian accent is from in Scotland
(i think that makes sence)
Just like how you can tell who's from London and who's from Liverpool basically.
Quote by Cadj
You can tell if you're speaking to someone from Glasgow and it's harder to distinguish where someone without a Glaswegian accent is from in Scotland
Just like how you can tell who's from London and who's from Liverpool basically.

haha, i'm from america so you all sound a bit odd.

but i get what you mean, and they're showing glaswegians on CNN, haha.
are you sure there's been an explosion at heathrow?

I've turned on the news channels and there's nothing on about it....
Quote by Avopeac
the best part about this is getting to lol @ scottish accents.

Oi, lavy heid, yer ge'in it.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

LOL

canni help but laugh at this, all the england folk willnae ken wit it means.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Nothing at all wrong with that >_>

EDIT:
Quote by Dr Rock
With or without subtitles?

haha
For the sake of those poor Americans i pray they have subtitles
Last edited by Cadj at Jun 30, 2007,
Quote by Avopeac
but i get what you mean, and they're showing glaswegians on CNN, haha.

With or without subtitles?
Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Confusius or Marmoseti to join
hmmm apparently the UK's terror threat is now "critical" which is not good

Why cant everyone just write angry letters ?
Quote by Cadj

i take it youve never been up north then? in fact what are you saying?! in edinburgh every sentence sounds like a question!

"i see theres been a bombing in glasgow?"
"what?"

only jokin, we have our own language, its that hard to hear.

but back on topic, i love how the glasgow attack was such a failure, and yet its causing havoc.
Quote by BullonParade
i take it youve never been up north then? in fact what are you saying?! in edinburgh every sentence sounds like a question!

"i see theres been a bombing in glasgow?"
"what?"

only jokin, we have our own language, its that hard to hear.

but back on topic, i love how the glasgow attack was such a failure, and yet its causing havoc.

Just ignore me
You hae a point though, we do sound strange aswell.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

'Mon big man, we'll chib the bawbags!

I love my culture.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
I wanna know why they took the driver to hospital instead of leaving him to die, the scum.

OK, anger vented now.

But seriously, grrr.
Quote by clement1
LOL

canni help but laugh at this, all the england folk willnae ken wit it means.

geordiness ftw!!!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Cadj

Nothing at all wrong with that >_>

EDIT:

haha
For the sake of those poor Americans i pray they have subtitles

They only have subtitles for people from Africa. Some people from Africa are pretty understandable but they still put subtitles. But if it's a white person with an accent they won't. Even if it is worse.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Sunburn yeah!!!! God the piano is unbelieable!
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?