I was playing my new Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, and I decided to play an old guitar. I noticed that the strings were much looser and more comfortable. How do I make the tension of the strings looser while staying in pitch ? :S
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
i'm not sure what they are.. but would that be the factor? their diaddrio (Sp?) stock that came with it.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

hmm well on my old guitar i had ernie ball superslinkys

well i just got the guitar and i'm using the stock strings.

hmm

an ibanez gs. terrible guitar

Hmm

I think both guitars have the same scale length, maybe go back to using Ernie Balls
i think i've heard somewhere the scale length on schecters are ajust a small bit longer than your average guitar. this'll make the strings feel tighter.. best bet is to switch to a lighter gauge.

Edit: i think most guitars are stock with .10's as well aren't they? i suppose it'll depend on brand..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i've had this happen on my guitars too : it's just the fact that when the strings get old, they just bend better. i think that if you want the same flexibility on your new guitar with the same string gauge, you'll just have to wait! but it would be more intelligent to go with lighter string gauges i guess.

well i think that's it, correct me if i'm wrong :S