Someone i know might be selling a full tube laney 30w mark II with upgraded speaker for around £250, i saw them for around £330 new. Is this a good price?
From what he tells me he only had it for around 6 months, and he wants a fender amp, i know he doesnt gig and he says he only has the volume on about 1. Would this be a good buy and how much are new tubes for this amp? Its an LC30w MkII
Last edited by Varkunus at Jun 30, 2007,
In a word yes.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
in two words, most definitely.

and retubing depends on how many power amp tubes it has.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^ it has 4 el84 power tubes, i believe.

Not sure how many preamp tubes it has, they generally aren't that dear though.

shouldn't be that much to retube, el84's are about as cheap as it gets with power tubes.

Is it worth it? up to you, is it worth saving £80 to go second hand, basically?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ ah, ok, i forgot about the speaker. if you trust the guy, it's probably worth it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
k cheers guys i just gota convince my parents nows (thats the hardest part) get the money, and try and haggle down to price
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?