So today i called my local orange dealer and they had one orange amp in, a rocker 30 head. I went over there as soon as i could because they dont have them often.

I start playing the amp through a 5150 III cab and on the gain channel i was amazed at the good tone i could get with barely cranking it. It was really loud on the gain channel. I noticed if you dial off the highs a bit it sounds a lot better. Then i switched over to the natural channel. I was suprised at how quiet it was, im a little worried that it wont be loud enough to gig. But i dont use cleans much so i would probably just roll back on my volume knob on dirty channel.

So i look at the pricetag and its 1150 because its used. It was in perfect condition. It was only used in rehersal for a couple months. So the owner comes in and we come up with 1000 + tax for this but then after talking to him he says the we can buy it direct from the guy that is selling it so theres no tax and im getting the footswitch thrown in too.

Im getting it Tuesday and i will post pictures then.
GRATS!

Get it with a 4x12 Orange cab!!!

But the cleans should be fine, but if not, just mic it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
thanks to all the replies so far

Quote by Jinskee
GRATS!

Get it with a 4x12 Orange cab!!!

But the cleans should be fine, but if not, just mic it.

The 412 is $1000! Im good with my avatar right now

Cant wait to get it here and crank it!
I got it! Here are some pics (sorry for bad quality)

But i have a couple questions on EQ'ing it. The guy i got it from used it in practice rehearsal for about 8 months. Every time i turn the mids or the treble up past about 10-11 o clock it gets pretty fizzy, is this normal? Do you think i should change the tubes?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2znEBy3ghps His gain channel in that video is what id like mine to sound like
Last edited by thrice07 at Jul 3, 2007,
Hmm, my amp doesn't get fizzy with the mids and treble up, I have them pretty high all the time.

You'll find that the clean channel gets loud at about 4-5. It's actually of a similar volume in the middle reaches and is easily giggable. I played Pinball Wizard just messing about before soundcheck the other week through the clean and it was plenty loud.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
If i changed the tubes to get a darker, less fizzy sound would 2 JJ EL34s and 3 EHX 12AX7s be a good choice?
congrats on the orange!
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
That's freaking sexy. :0!!!

Hmm, my mids are usually near the 10 mark...doesn't get too fizzy.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Alright i spent some time with it and dialed it out, right now my mids and treble are at midnight and my bass is maxed. Also i noticed that my crybaby was really cutting down my signal so i think i might take it out of the chain.

Also im only using my ts9 as a volume boost so do guys think itd be a good idea to sell it and just get a EHX linear power booster and make a couple of bucks?
awesome!

can you try that booster first? that'd be the obvious suggestion...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
awesome!

can you try that booster first? that'd be the obvious suggestion...

Yeah but no one around here carries orange so its hard to try it on an orange, and i already have a general idea of what itd sound like cause i use my ts9 only as a boost with the gain totally down. But after playing it tonight for a while im not even sure if ill need one! Im gonna sell my ns-2, ts9, and crybaby and try to pick up a holy grail
^ yeah. it probably won't sound exactly the same, as even with the gain down, the pedal is probably adding a little dirt of its own.

But if you don't need one, don't buy one!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah. it probably won't sound exactly the same, as even with the gain down, the pedal is probably adding a little dirt of its own.

But if you don't need one, don't buy one!

yeah i have a habit of buying guitar stuff that i dont need hahaha
ditto.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by thrice07
bump to the EHX question

Dave_Mc is right.
Definitely try the LPB first. I have an LPB2 from like 1979, & I really don't care for it. To me, it gets too fizzy & undefined. Might ruin the tone of that amp. There must be something better out there.
Congrats on the amp. You'll enjoy that thing for a lifetime!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011