Page 1 of 2
Alright, we know the game rocks, and the next guitar hero game "Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's" comes out in the next couple of weeks, plus, the entire set-list is posted on Wikipedia, with alot of great bands, and some.......not so great and Guitar Hero 3, so far, the setlist is looking pretty good IMO
ya, so your wasting yourtime playing a guitar based game when you COULD be actually playing the songs on a real guitar?

w/e its not my choice, but your proll genna get told to use the search bar lol
Quote by *Juno*
ya, so your wasting yourtime playing a guitar based game when you COULD be actually playing the songs on a real guitar?

w/e its not my choice, but your proll genna get told to use the search bar lol

well, i DO play real guitar, for 4 years to be precise, and bass for 3
Guitar Hero... ugh. People should play the guitar for real instead. It's a whole other thing and it's much more rewarding, even though it's 100 times harder. You can master Guitar Hero in a few weeks. Real guitar takes years.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
meh, there have been threads before and i'm sure there will be more... its a mediocre game imo which gives you a finger workout at best... it's fun with friends and such, but other than that its completely different than guitar and i'd rather practice my real guitar than play it.... i personally am decent, but i'm no where near doing anything on expert to perfection... i don't like hearing about kids who can beat "______ on expert" though, it annoys me
Quote by Stentroll
Guitar Hero... ugh. People should play the guitar for real instead. It's a whole other thing and it's much more rewarding, even though it's 100 times harder. You can master Guitar Hero in a few weeks. Real guitar takes years.

So what?

Guitar Hero is a fun game. It isn't meant to replace guitar.
Understand?

GUITAR HERO IS NOT A GUITAR SUBSTITUTE
Seriously, get a life. It's not trying to be like playing a real guitar. Everyone knows that guitar is much harder. You people just need to lighten up.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Saying that you are wasting time playing a gamefor the fun of it is stupid. Never mind. I agree with you. Why should I play Grand Theft Auto when I can go shoot a bunch of random people? Why play Call of Duty when I can go back in time?
Quote by Stentroll

maybe so

but who wants to MASTER a computer game

i mean..

"hi, mine names sarah. great party huh?"

"0h Hai!!!11one!!..ya i dnt gt 0ut much i gotta practise you see!!lolz!!"

"oh what do you play?"

"i playz teh guitar h3r0!!! i r 3l337 @ i7. Canx i tocuH you bewbz lawlz?"

"/phail"

Quote by mr.joopy987
So what?

Guitar Hero is a fun game. It isn't meant to replace guitar.
Understand?

GUITAR HERO IS NOT A GUITAR SUBSTITUTE

QFT!

This man got it right, I like playing both Guitar Hero and guitar.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Guitar Hero is a great game. I find that the only similarity between the game and real guitar is the guitar shaped controller. The two are completely different experiences and I find them both fun. GH is especially fun playing with friends. Most of the people who say to play a real guitar have likely not even played it.

I'm not digging the setlist for the 80's edition, the only song off of it that I would really listen to is Wrathchild, and that's not even a good choice for a Maiden song. GH3 looks pretty cool though.
I just think it's a waste of money when you can play a real guitar instead. For people that don't want to, fine. But I'd rather play the real guitar. And please don't tell me to get a life, I'm just sharing my opinion. And to the guy who said Guitar Hero isn't meant to replace real guitar, I'm well aware of that.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
I would start talking about Guitar Hero, if there wasn't 5,000 threads about it made before.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be some smartass telling some "Search Button" joke, but, seriously, use it.

You'll find a lot of threads, made for this exact reason.

And don't way, "Oh well, if a mod wants to close, they can."

No. That's bull. Just go look for an older thread instead of causing MORE arguements, and wasting MORE space.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Stentroll
I just think it's a waste of money when you can play a real guitar instead. For people that don't want to, fine. But I'd rather play the real guitar. And please don't tell me to get a life, I'm just sharing my opinion. And to the guy who said Guitar Hero isn't meant to replace real guitar, I'm well aware of that.

Then why say that people should play real guitar instead?
I can spend 80 bucks and have fun with my friends, and get good fast, or spend 400 bucks and practice for years to get good. I did both, but some people just don't have the time or money to play guitar.
Quote by raptorz44
Saying that you are wasting time playing a gamefor the fun of it is stupid. Never mind. I agree with you. Why should I play Grand Theft Auto when I can go shoot a bunch of random people? Why play Call of Duty when I can go back in time?

Don't try and compare those arguments, unless you want to portray yourself as a complete moron.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by raptorz44

Not the same thing.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by mr.joopy987
Then why say that people should play real guitar instead?
I can spend 80 bucks and have fun with my friends, and get good fast, or spend 400 bucks and practice for years to get good. I did both, but some people just don't have the time or money to play guitar.

That's what I said. For people that don't feel like playing a real guitar or don't have the money, Guitar Hero is great. I have played this game myself, and I liked it, but now I play real guitar instead and I like it a lot more.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
It was a ludicrous argument, but he does have a point. If you don't like Guitar Hero then just say so? Don't go all: "LOLZ! U R N00B GO PLAY TEH R34L GUIT4RZ NOT SOME PLASTIC TOY XD XD XD LOLOLOLOLOL" Okay?
I think Guitar Hero is a good game, but I don't want people to confuse it with real guitar, if that ever happens.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
I hope they add some more chord's in guitar hero 3 and make it harder. I mastered number 1 and 2 in no time.
Quote by GuitarHero1081
well, i DO play real guitar, for 4 years to be precise, and bass for 3

...The amount of time you've been playing really amounts to nothing. Can you play guitar?
Quote by Stentroll
I think Guitar Hero is a good game, but I don't want people to confuse it with real guitar, if that ever happens.

its been mistaken since November 8th, 2005
Quote by insideac
...The amount of time you've been playing really amounts to nothing. Can you play guitar?

yeah, i was in 2 different bands
Quote by GuitarHero1081
its been mistaken since November 8th, 2005

That's what I don't like about it. Pretty fun if you've never played guitar before though.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Stentroll
That's what I don't like about it. Pretty fun if you've never played guitar before though.

true good sir, very true most of my friends that play guitar hero say that playing guitar is as easy as guitar hero, i just hate that
I don't waste my time on Guitar Hero. It has no value especially becasue you can be spending the time you waste on that game, playing guitar.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
"Why play Guitar Hero when you can play a REAL guitar!"

"I dont want people to mistake the plastic guitar for a REAL guitar!

"Why play House of The Dead when you can go shoot around with a REAL gun!"

"I dont want people to mistake the plastic gun for a REAL gun!"
Arguing about Guitar Hero like this is like telling someone who plays Metal Gear Solid to go become a CIA agent. I'm pretty sure there would be ZERO arguments about this if the game worked the exact same way but didn't look like a guitar. Its a game people, made for fun, not to become a rockstar, simply to replicate it and have a fun, (fantasy) time. Rhythm games; replication, not duplication. wrestling, boxing, surfing, hell, ANY game aside from puzzle games are simply replications, never meant to be treated the same, never meant to take the place of, and never meant to be the same. Besides, It's a pretty stupid argument anyway, not like it's going to really change anyones mind who does play guitar hero (Although it may give some people a slight reason to be assholes to people who play the game, so thanks for that one.) Also, Internet, Serious Business
Last edited by Raz_Steroid at Jun 30, 2007,
Quote by Stentroll

its a fun game. chill out.
Quote by §tratôcaster
its a fun game. chill out.

It's funnier to play real guitar.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
we have guitar hero parties here and people just get plastered and play. it's fun, who cares what the guitar elitists think?
I like both because guitar and guitar hero are two completely different things. The only reason they are related and people are saying real guitar is better is because of the controllers shape. I mean yeah real guitar is going to be 100 times better than any video game, but I still enjoy to play guitar hero.
uhhhh, yea
Quote by DarkDude110
I like both because guitar and guitar hero are two completely different things. The only reason they are related and people are saying real guitar is better is because of the controllers shape. I mean yeah real guitar is going to be 100 times better than any video game, but I still enjoy to play guitar hero.

I actually agree with you. If you had normal controller instead, people wouldn't relate it to real guitar I guess. So I guess it's just a game.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
I played it last night and I have to admit, even though I hate the concept of playing a plastic guitar and not needing to practice to play amazingly, it was quite damn fun. I enjoyed it and it was great fun for my friend who just don't have the time and money to play real guitar. It really isn't as awful as you are all stating.
Quote by confusius
I played it last night and I have to admit, even though I hate the concept of playing a plastic guitar and not needing to practice to play amazingly, it was quite damn fun. I enjoyed it and it was great fun for my friend who just don't have the time and money to play real guitar. It really isn't as awful as you are all stating.

I don't think anyone has said it's awful. It's actually pretty fun, but the fact that some people think they can play real guitar because they can play Guitar Hero has made me like the game a lot less.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Stentroll
I don't think anyone has said it's awful. It's actually pretty fun, but the fact that some people think they can play real guitar because they can play Guitar Hero has made me like the game a lot less.

so you think less of a game because of what others think?

lame.
omg......... YOU CAN ****ING PLAY BOTH.. its not like you ahve to between one or the other..

I play both... I play what ever i feel like..

For me guitar hero is a fun time

and normal is to gain musical experience and to know waht its like to play an instrument..

I ENJOY PLAYING BOTH

so i dont know what all of you are even arguing about..

#1 realization though.. ITS A ****ING GAME. Its so people can have fun with their freinds playing their favourite songs...

not everyone can play hanger 18 or jordan solos in real life can they.. even if they have do play guitar..

Basically its all jsut for the love of music.. so there is no ****ing reason to be arguing in the first place... **** :P

now chill out
This is a sig
Lolz! U R N00b Go Play Teh R34l Guit4rz Not Some Plastic Toy Xd Xd Xd Lololololol

:d
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Page 1 of 2