Anybody else ever watch that show?

If you can't tell, it was this ratty little Japanese Anime that only had 6 episodes, but it had this kid that met this chick on a Vespa scooter with a Bass that she smacked him on the head with, and then a robot jumped out of his head.

Yeah, it sounds stupid but it was really quite good.

Anyone else watch it?
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
OMG, that was like my favorite show for the longest time.

that show was so great.
R.I.P. Frank Zappa R.I.P. Hideto Matsumoto and nowR.I.P. Rick Wright

It doesn't take words to make love
You be the flower, I'll be the bee
That wasn't love, they were just words
You be the heart, I'll be the arrow
I didn't think anyone else watched it
oh man i just watched the whole series of that last night it's great. but the first time i saw it i was 12 so it kind of ****ed up my perception of women for a few years because the main character pretty much had chicks all over him at any given moment haha
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
that was a really good show. i wish they would make more episodes.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
I wish they had an actual series instead of just a few episodes though, y'know?

Like some seasons and stuff.

But, it won awards!
FLCL rocked my world. Ever since then, I've been trying to engineer a lawnmower engine into the back of a Rickenbacker, but I still haven't worked it out
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Did it make sense? Hell no.

Were the guitars and animations and such cool? Yes.

Did I love it? Hell yea.

Everybody said, "IT MADE NO SENSE!!! I mean, come on, if you can't understand it, why watch it?"

Well...it was just entertaining. Yes, story has a lot to do with a good show, but FLCL did something special....something that made the story un-needed.... I don't know what it is.

I just love it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20

Everybody said, "IT MADE NO SENSE!!! I mean, come on, if you can't understand it, why watch it?"

Well...it was just entertaining.

Haha, same thing when I mention Grindhouse around certain people. They're like, "A chick with a gun for a leg? That makes no sense and is just stupid!" It may be silly but it's the single most entertaining movie I've seen this year.

FLCL is absolutely amazing. I'd buy the DVDs if they weren't so damned pricey.
FLCL is probably my favorite anime ever. The manga cutscenes are, in my opinion, mindblowing.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I know.

I mean, it was SIX episodes, and maybe a few more that weren't aired or something (I can't remember), and they charge so damn much....

I never really have much money anyway, but the price of animes and such can get ridiculous.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Sunshine86
FLCL is probably my favorite anime ever. The manga cutscenes are, in my opinion, mindblowing.

The manga cutscenes were awesome. It was just like out of nowhere. I think that the fact that it made no sense was what made it so enjoyable.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Fricken awesome.

I've got all the DVDs and soundtracks. Not only was the anime itself awesome, the music was friken amazing. The band that did most of the songs, the pillows are one of my favorite bands, japanese and of all time...

I have alost every single one of their CD's.

YAY FLCL!
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Indeed - the pillows FTW

Also, FLCL did make sense and does have a plot. It took me several times through to decipher it, but it is there and it's pretty interesting.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Quote by happytimeharry
eyebrows...

What, about... eyebrows?!
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
I love Episode 4 with the "Jimi Hendrix" and "RHCP" references. Wow, amazing. Although the series was way too short. Oh, and +1 to everyone who gave positive comments towards The Pillows. P!
666 BRO
Quote by codynw42
i am stupid enuff to do it becuz i just did. i feel nothing, there is no high and im not dizzy or anything... its just nasty.

Ryu Hayabusa of the UG Society of Ninjas
Quote by hoobariffer87
FLCL rocked my world. Ever since then, I've been trying to engineer a lawnmower engine into the back of a Rickenbacker, but I still haven't worked it out

Did you try it with toy Gundams?
Quote by codynw42
i am stupid enuff to do it becuz i just did. i feel nothing, there is no high and im not dizzy or anything... its just nasty.

Ryu Hayabusa of the UG Society of Ninjas
Quote by Kankuro
I love Episode 4 with the "Jimi Hendrix" and "RHCP" references. Wow, amazing. Although the series was way too short. Oh, and +1 to everyone who gave positive comments towards The Pillows. P!

You forgot Richard Cheese. Dosn't even have a guitarist in his band though...

FLCL was pretty awesome. I had a friend explain the plot...kinda.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Quote by happytimeharry
eyebrows...

Did you know they actualy used pieces of sea weed to make those ... i read that somewhere

****ing brilliant show...ive watched the season like a hundred times
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
FLCL was a great show, but it wasn't THAT hard ot understand. Just look at all the phallic imagery, it'll come to you. Gainax have a habit of spending their full budget before they're done with the series, but they really overshot it with this one. Still they managed to cram it all in there, so I don't see much need for anymore. Oh and the music was F'in' sweet
Inhuman evil take down!
i loved that show..
too bad they only had 6 eps..

and yes his eyebrows were indeed seaweed..
i loved those parts of the show where they make it like a manga..
hilarious
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Greatest. Show. Ever

How many shows have people blowin **** up out of their head then proceeding to beat the **** out of monsters with assorted stringed instruments?
Watch it again but in a symbolic way. Almost the whole show is a metaphor for puberty.
Quote by Kankuro
I love Episode 4 with the "Jimi Hendrix" and "RHCP" references. Wow, amazing.

Huh? What episode was that in?

And +1 for the puberty metaphor. I wasn't going to hand out the explanation, but oh well.
Quote by franz.d.

Quote by elvenkindje