Don't tell me to use the search button, I tried. It doesn't work (I keep getting an error page)

I have a Digitech Metal Master pedal, but I'm not really happy with it anymore. My amp has no EQ and all I can get out of the pedal is a harsh, speed metal sound. My palm mutes aren't as defined as I would like them to be, and anytime the pedal is on you can hear a faint static-esque noise behind my tone (if you can understand what I mean, it's almost like there's a TV on in the room with the no signal)

I've listened to the metal muff on YouTube and various other places, and it sounds good. I like the EQ feature and the top boost. What do you guys think of it?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I bought the Metal Muff today and I love it. The tone is great and the EQ is very, very responsive. It is great for anything from metal to heavier classic rock.
Well, it sounds beautiful when you play, but it's noisy when you're not playing anything, you'll need a gate or something like it.
I have the Metal Muff and it has an awesome tone. The boost is very sensitive, so be careful when you set the volume. I accidentally set the boost level too high and my friend who was doing spotlights for our band at the time swore he saw a sound wave charge at him when I hit the boost! Again, awesome pedal; you should get it.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by JesusLives
Well, it sounds beautiful when you play, but it's noisy when you're not playing anything, you'll need a gate or something like it.

The muff is noisy? I always heard it was quite quiet....

Oh well, I can deal with feedback, but if I have to listen to that static another minute I'm going to shoot myself in the face..... I hate it.

Quote by walkingonspikes
I have the Metal Muff and it has an awesome tone. The boost is very sensitive, so be careful when you set the volume. I accidentally set the boost level too high and my friend who was doing spotlights for our band at the time swore he saw a sound wave charge at him when I hit the boost! Again, awesome pedal; you should get it.

LOL....something similar happened to me....

We were at practice (doing nothing, of course ) So I had my Champ cranked (and I mean CRANKED) and was messing around on the blues scale. Our vocalist came over and was watching me play. She had never seen my pedal before (I had just gotten it) and when she spotted it she said "What's this?" and then cut it on.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Jun 30, 2007,
meh, i think it's ok, but a little bit "nu metal" for me.

the top boost is too high end too.

i think it's alright for the price. just not quite what i thought it was going to be.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
it's what your personal preference is. I really like, I use it's eq and eq pedal and my amp's eq, so it's really refined what my sound is.