Have those learning guitar videos ever been useful? have they ever helped you get to that next level?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
Have those learning guitar videos ever been useful? have they ever helped you get to that next level?

well I wouldnt say next level, but if theirs a tricky song its handy to see someone play it infront of you! helps you get a better feel imo!
Yes they have. Check out the Paul Gilbert instructional videos. If you havnt learned ANYTHING from that, put your guitar away, and pickup another instrument.
Video lessons have never really helped me whenever i bothered to watch any. They don't go in to enough detail thoroughly, step by step, they always seem to mention something that you have never heard of before, then proceed to go on with the lesson as if it's gone straight in to your head and you'll remember it instantly.

I think the main problem for me is that it always sounds as if the person trying to teach you, is talking as if he were talking to someone who already knew the stuff, and not to someone who is an absolute newbie and has no clue about anything to do with guitar.

For example i've watched "beginner lessons part 1" where they mention "the nut" or "the bridge" and i was like "wtf are they?" and waiting for him to explain and it never happened. What a pointless video if you're going to use guitar terminology without explaining it
Last edited by piefaceFX at Jun 30, 2007,
I learned some stuff of the justin sandercoe lessons on youtube, they're really good actually.
Quote by Tu Madre lolz!
Yes they have. Check out the Paul Gilbert instructional videos. If you havnt learned ANYTHING from that, put your guitar away, and pickup another instrument.

agreed. All the Pg instructional vids, ones found in magazines and ones from net interviews all help on something. Check you tube for them.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks