do producers of the hip hop rap scene use synths to create those beats and melodies.... i recently am getting into the freestyle rap thing and i wanted to know what device creates the music...if any one has an idea of what synth is used or other equip...please enlighten me...appriectiate it
just beatbox
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
You can use whatever. It depends on the producer, most use top of the line synth pads and stuff. But you could just as easily use a keyboard or something.
a synth pad..do those also do the melodies as well....does it have keys or is like and electric drum machine
Like an electric drum machine. For the melodies, most producers just use expensive keyboards.
Programs like Steinberg Cubase SX 3, Propellerhead Reason, or Cakewalk Sonar. You'd be recording the beats by playing them on synth pads / MIDI keyboards.
so the programs work along side the synth pad/ midi and u just creat the beats...sounds simple...ill look into it..how much are we talkin money wise...probably expensive as hell rite?
Yeah but, I like using the less expensive ones anyway. It sounds more raw and realistic. Less cheesy and produced.
you know, i also got into free styling too, but i have absolutely no knowledge of how to use programs, make beats, or use synth pad. I have to learn one day...

Quote by Alicee
Yeah but, I like using the less expensive ones anyway. It sounds more raw and realistic. Less cheesy and produced.
You're...kidding, right?

The less expensive ones are the ones that sound like cheap MIDIs. The more expensive, top-quality patches and samples sound very realistic. Hell, where do you think all the lower-budget film scores come from nowadays?
Quote by Doolittle
well, what is a good free program for beats? If there's such a thing.
There is such a thing if you decide to join the ranks of Blackbeard and Captain Jack Sparrow.
Quote by yawn
There is such a thing if you decide to join the ranks of Blackbeard and Captain Jack Sparrow.

ARGHHH
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join