It seems the G string goes out of tune for no reason, and rather randomly. Other strings are not too bad though. I tried changing the string and the problem persisted. Well I took a look in the nut and have noticed there are these rectangular shaped cavities in each of the string slots except of the G string. The guitar salesman told me that he did something with the nut, he didn't tell me what though. Can the nut affect your tuning? If so do I need a new one, and are they expensive?
Gear:
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
ESP EC-400
TS-9 DX
Stagg Strat-a-like
MIJ Boss CE-2
the cut on that string might be a little small, and the string is getting snagged in it.

u can lube it with petro jelly or similar.

worst case u can file it a little, but if u arent sure how, u need to ask.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well the other strings aren't all the great at stying in tune either . So I thing it might be easier for me to get a new nut. Are they are hard to install? Cause the nut on my guitar is shaped rather strangely, and apparently it's one of those earvana nuts.
Gear:
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
ESP EC-400
TS-9 DX
Stagg Strat-a-like
MIJ Boss CE-2
the guitar Not staying in tune isnt usually the fault of the nut.

i mean small cuts might snag the strings. but u would be able to see if that was happening.
and if it's not, then u are wasting ur time swapping the nut.

it's usually stringing technique.
old strings,
or trem use. something like that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Could be a silly question, but is your string wrapped around your peg enough? Make sure its wrapped aroudn 3-4 times. Could also be your strings are streching too (if they're new)