Poll: Should gay marrige be legalized?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should gay marrige be legalized?
Yes
328 71%
No
131 28%
Voters: 460.
Page 1 of 7
There is no inbetween this time, i have to have this poll for a project......should gay marrige be legalized in the USA?
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
if it makes you and your boyfriend happy
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by leftybassdude
if it makes you and your boyfriend happy

lame. yes, though. it's not like they have a choice.
Yes, it should. No one has the right to tell two people they cannot be married.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Yes, it should. No one has the right to tell two people they cannot be married.

That basically sums it up.
The first amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

If the government is going to make laws about marriage (they pretty much have to because of taxes and all that crap), then they can't not let gays marry because a religion says so. We do not have a christianity ruled government. We can't force people to obey christian views/values. If the government is gonna give out all this crap with marriage then everyone constitutionally has the right for it.

I'll see any asshole that disagrees with me in hell.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
My parents would assume take turns shooting each other in the legs than let two people who love each other, who live in japan get married if there same sex....
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
My parents would assume take turns shooting each other in the legs than let two people who love each other, who live in japan get married if there same sex....

You misused the word "assumed".
I don't see why it is a big deal, love is love doesn't matter if they have to dicks or two pussies. My moms a lesbian and its a lot better, im my own opinion because I lived with my dad and his wife and it was really weird. Anyways my mom and her wife have been together for eight years and they show more love then any other couple i know.
Quote by metal4all
The first amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

If the government is going to make laws about marriage (they pretty much have to because of taxes and all that crap), then they can't not let gays marry because a religion says so. We do not have a christianity ruled government. We can't force people to obey christian views/values. If the government is gonna give out all this crap with marriage then everyone constitutionally has the right for it.

While what you're saying is the way it should be, it's not the way it actually happens. The truth is, most of the government is religious, and it usually does affect the laws, as shitty as that is.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack
While what you're saying is the way it should be, it's not the way it actually happens. The truth is, most of the government is religious, and it usually does affect the laws, as shitty as that is.

Yeah. I'd be completely ignorant to say otherwise. It's sad what things are coming too.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
yes. Of course they should...and respect to them...
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
[t]here is no inbetween this time

While I'm firmly on the "yes" side (with 6 and half billion people on this planet we can't quite feed and plenty more coming, homosexuality is great, and there's absolutely nothing, zero, immoral about it by my conception of morality), I have serious problems with the institution of marriage and, had I the choice, would sooner see it reworked completely than legally altered to allow same-sex couples. As it is, I see, at the time of typing, literally no (legitimate) reason not to allow gay marriage, and plenty of good reasons one should legalize it.

All that said, the "inbetween" option, as you put it, strictly speaking for the sake of polling and things should be considered a "no" because that is the status quo, and anything not explicitly in favour of altering the existing law is against, for better or worse, legalizing gay marriage.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"

Gays should be allowed to marry. They have the right to be miserable like the rest of us.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
let the gays decide, is it straight people's place to say if its right for another social group to have a certain right, make laws to yourself, only concerning yourself, screw excessive judgement
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by CowboyUp

Maybe i was looking for perfer.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by CowboyUp

Maybe he meant "as soon"?
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by HaKattack

Not quite so. Most of the government are wealthy elites from corporate classes who hold largely secular views personally but are too rich to care much either way, and make sweeping "religious" decisions to win the Evangelical vote, giving them power to contradict the views of many/most of the same Evangelicals in pushing through their economic agendas.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by HaKattack

Its kinda like what michale moore said on John Stuart, The goverments not crappy, the people we put in it are.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by metal4all

too freakin wordy. post #19 ftw
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Nihil
let the gays decide, is it straight people's place to say if its right for another social group to have a certain right, make laws to yourself, only concerning yourself, screw excessive judgement

I don't think that's a good way to think of it. (Sorry, I don't want to be mean)

From what I understand of your statement, that is like saying: If NAMBLA wants to fuck little boys, let them decide if they should be able to or not.

Edit: ^thanks, lol. I get too hyped up on issues like this.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
I don't think that's a good way to think of it. (Sorry, I don't want to be mean)

From what I understand of your statement, that is like saying: If NAMBLA wants to fuck little boys, let them decide if they should be able to or not.

+1
yes it should be
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
I havent saw any of the people who voted no say why yet....
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Yes, of course gay people should be allowed to marry. The only arguments against it are poor at best (morality, slippery slope, unnatural).
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Its kinda like what michale moore said on John Stuart, The goverments not crappy, the people we put in it are.

Thats probably the smartest thing I've ever heard Michael Moore say.
Quote by Nihil

only concerning yourself?

what about the rest of the people? should they screw off?
I recently revised my personal opinion on this.

Religion and state are seperate.

Those who are married under law, should be shown legal benefits. Those who wish to marry under religion, should not be, as religion and state are seperate.

Marriage under Law, and Marriage under Religion should be kept seperate.

Any couple who is married under religion, should also be allowed to apply for marriage under law, to receive those benefits as a legally married couple. However, the state should not have to legally recognize a religiously married couple as together, and any legally married couple, should be allowed to practice their religion, regardless of religious disposition to their state as a couple. Therefore: A gay Christian couple should be able to marry under law, and still attend their church.

That's the most logical thing I could come up with, anyways. Pretty much makes everyone happy, as long as the Conservatives learn to accept that Religion and state are two different things.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
I havent saw any of the people who voted no say why yet....

I voted no, and before you go off on me, let me explain. It's not just because people think it's morally wrong, married couples get certain legal benefits, and our governments money is ****ed up as it is just with the strait couples marrying.
Quote by Whatley2212
I voted no, and before you go off on me, let me explain. It's not just because people think it's morally wrong, married couples get certain legal benefits, and our governments money is ****ed up as it is just with the strait couples marrying.

So you think the government should blatantly make a law against the first amendment of our constitution and deny other people their rights based on your beliefs?... nice

I love the world.

Oh, props for having the balls to say you voted no.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Whatley2212

And you think that justifys you from denying a minority a human right?

If your government has problems, it can work them out, without denying a group of people simple legal benefits. Our Canadian government has got along just fine financially since we legalized it, we're still as in debt as ever. It will not effect your government like that, as after all, it is a minority.

That arguement has no backing, whatsoever.

EDIT:

Nice sig, though.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Quote by Constantine

That's the most logical thing I could come up with, anyways. Pretty much makes everyone happy, as long as the Conservatives learn to accept that Religion and state are two different things.

Whether or not religion and government are the same isn't the point. The reason that people vote is so that they can elect a candidate that best supports and represents their views, and if their position on a religious issue is represented by a candidate, they will probably support that candidate. Just because you aren't religious doesn't mean you are more correct in your views than someone who is.
^I have no idea what you mean by 'goverment's money is ****ed up', but the solution isn't discrimination.

EDIT: This is to Whatley2212.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I dont think it has anything to do with religion, I think it has to do with what people expect out of the word "marriage." I believe there should be such a thing as a civil union where legally they have all the same rights as a married couple, but all were doing is asking for trouble by trying to impose something onto ignorant bible freaks who make up most of the voting population. So I voted no.

Quote by metal4all

Haha, the irony.