okay so im looking at getting a Peavey Valveking 1x12 combo. i play really all kinds of rock and metal. im very 80's influenced. i play really mostly hard rock really and some metal (Metallica really). ive heard all different things about the Valvekings. i wanna know what you guys think of them. i am on a budget so price is a BIG issue.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
con: you can get better tube amps in the same price range

pro: dunno

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well I'm getting the Valveking 4x12 100w half stack next week. I think for 900 bucks it is cheap.

Mhhh.

Pros : It's loud as hell and with a Tubescreamer it must be bad ass.
It's Cheap.

Cons : I really don't know a lot about it. =/ sorry

But let me tell you that it is a good amp for what you want to play.
i didn't like the cleans on that amp. it didn't have much headroom using a standard telecaster... the lead channel was okay... the distortion wasn't like one of a kind but it's good for the $$$. i would go for a Crate palomino or a Fender Blues Jr. tho.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I have it, i don't really like it. The cleans are so-so. The distortion only sounds good after it has been played on for about an hour, i think it has to warm up or something, so i play on the clean channel until it's warmed up. I think i'm gonna sell mine and get a used 5150 2x12 combo.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
i actually played one today, cause people on here are always asking about them. it was just meh. nothing really impressed me about it. i didnt crank it or anything, but it just didnt really feel like a tube amp to me. it wasnt as responsive as it should have been, and it sounded a bit flat to me. im sure a nice reverb pedal in the loop could cure some of the flat sound (but not all), so that is an idea. it does get an ok tube tone that can get loud for cheap. not too many higher wattage tube amps in that price range, so thats the main pro. not my favorite amp, i liked the crate palomino i played afterwards a lot better. not as much wattage, but probably a better amp for the price.
Pros: Valve.

Cons: everything else.

In all honesty, they're okay for $400. You'd be hard pressed to find anything new with 50 watts of tube in the price range, but then again, volume isn't the best reason to buy an amp.

For 900 dollars you could get a carvin MTS, hell if you go used, you can get two of them, or a V3. much better than the VK.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Pro: Cheap tube amp.
Con: Cheap sound.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.