Alright, i am pretty much fed up with these Ernie Balls. I kid you not, i put a new set on, and they sounded like **** in 20 minutes, a new record. The only reason i am still using them is because they have the .11-.54 string guage. Does anyone know what brand strings lasts the longest? I have tried Elixirs, and am leaning towards them, as i think they are worth it. Does anything else last longer than them? I would like to have similar gauges to that of the Ernie Balls i use.

Thanks
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
If you don't like them, try D'addarios or DR strings. From what I hear, DRs last forever for most people. Also, I've never tried the Dean Markleys, but theyre supposed to last long.

I'm no a big fan of elixirs. They sound a bt muffled for my tastes, unlike brightwires or D'addarios.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
i really love DR strings. ive tried a bunch of different brands of strings, and DRs are the ones i like best. last fairly long, arent going to break the bank, and i like the tone. nothing really bad about them.
YA Dean Markley do last long and are greatt strings try em out
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Quote by jof1029
i really love DR strings. ive tried a bunch of different brands of strings, and DRs are the ones i like best. last fairly long, arent going to break the bank, and i like the tone. nothing really bad about them.

true that

dr strings are just about the best out there, and the tone is always the same with each set, and they seem to play smoother than other strings
i used to use gibsons and i liked them alot, but then the store dosnt have them anymore so i use regular slinks, but i think after i use this last pack of the slinks ill give those Dr's a try
I've tried all the brands of strings out there, except for the Gibson strings, and can tell you that DR's are the best. They last a long time, are fairly cheap, and are easier for bends, and have excetional feel. I once had a set of DR's last me a month and a half before they even started going dead. The one piece of advice I have is that sometimes you will get a bad set every once in a while, and they will only last a week, but this has only happened to me twice in a year.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i had a gibson set last me about 2 months and they are about 3 bucks when walmart had em (i didnt wanna drive the extra 20 miles to GC) and they were also really good on bends
definately DR's.... ive used d'addarios in the best and they are made pretty cheap, rust in the first few days and so many broken strings....
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
i have the ernie ball 11-54 power slinkys and there fine.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Hm. You must be doing something wrong. 20 minutes? What do you sweat, ****ing sulphuric acid? Try GHS Fast Fret, it feels weird at first, but when you get used to it, you'll love what it does. It keeps my strings alive for over a month.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.