They're all about the same, if you're starting. I highly recommend simply going to guitar center, and deciding from there. To answer your question about the micro cube; Yes. That's a really good choice. Battery operation is definitely a plus.
Yeah I plan on going sometime soon, but it's about an 1 hour away from here.
I want to hear some opinions before I go :]
Don't buy a Epihone.
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
I played an Lp-100 A while back at the music store in town.. it was pretty cool.. It was a smaller guitar.. I didn't play it through an amp.. but it felt like a fast guitar.
I'd try looking for a Squier '51, makes an excellent beginner guitar and then some.
Not a fan of the low end Epi's to be honest.

The microcube will make a nice amp! The Vox Valvetronix are worth a look as well.
I just picked up a second hand G310 - it's not a bad guitar - I wasn't overly impressed with the stock pickups, although they are ok and the stock wiring sucks big time, but I've ripped all that out, fitted zebra pafs, and rewired it with quality bits (alpha pots, proper Gibson 3 way, tidy wire) and it's a nice guitar - I only bought it because I wanted a humbucker guitar, having put my strat back to all single coils, but I like it, it plays nice.
Just go to the store and try out all the guitars in your price range. The one you like best, BUY.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
Get the G310, Lp Sp 2, or a Squier Affinity Strat.
Personaly I would get the strat just so I could mod the crap out of it.
I remember I was gonna buy an epiphone but I played one and I hated the feel of it and the sound. Does anyone think gibsons are weird to play? They like...have all this wasted space between the bridge and the edge of the guitar. It feels really weird. I'm not a big fan of epiphones, look around a bit though and check if there are any other ones for about the same price and go try em out at the store. Coz i reckon epi's are a RIP OFF.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
by the way, what kind of music do you play?
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
SG G-310 and the micro cube.
My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Squier Standard Stratocaster
Marshall G30RCD Amplifier

Originally said by deadhand329
sir...you have given me something to aspire to
i bought the standard plain top and its a great guitar for a noob/intermediate player..
it sounds great with my vox ad 50.
the quality is quite better when compared to bottom line epiphones and not that bad when compared to mid range gibsons..
i might be lookin for a pickup upgrade when i get a little better though