I'm having trouble with learning legato.. i've just started learning it lately and i've noticed that i'm fine when doing the legato on the same string but when i go to change strings theres a pause in my playing.. it's like when playing 3 notes per string: 1-2-3-----4-5-6 instead of 1-2-3-4-5-6... if that makes since i dont know but............ any help would be great???
^+1 and go slow first so that pause wont be as noticeble. then it wont be there later on either
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Doing 1-2-3 exersizes with legato will not get you very far.... Anyone can hit their fingers in order on their guitar.... Why not try alternative exersizes eg

E 1 h 3 p 2 h 4
Or
E 3 h 7 p 5
A 3 h 7 p h
D 4 h 7 p 5
G 4 h 7 p 5
B 5 h 8 p 7
E 5 h 8 p 7 h 10 p 8 h 12 p10 h 14 p 12 h 15

P= pull off
H=hammer

3 octave G maj scale in thirds!
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by anti-goth
hold above your left hand with your right, then try it

If your a wanker you can do that :P:
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
I've just overcome a similar problem myself, just need to polish it up. What I do is not let my fingers stay in one place. I anticipate where it's going to go next; if I use three fingers on one string before going to a different string, before I'm finished playing that last note, one of my fingers is already waiting to fret the other string.

Might take a little practice. All just thinking ahead.