Whenever i play a PH, I can never get it to sound loud. Usually it is only half the sound of a normal note. How do i get it to sound loud?
Sigs are too hard to think up
distortion, or active pickups..
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
turn gain up on amp. that should help along with what DagMX said.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
relearn how to play pinch harmonics and practise a lot - to the point of when playing one, you do it more aggressively than when you play a regular note
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
I have an EMG HZ-4 and im playing alot of metal with distortion. So basically i should strike the string twice as hard as i would for a normal note?
Everyones technique is slightly different but heres 3 things I do to get the pinches loud:

1 - Strike the string much harder than a normal note

2 - Flick my thumb to get the harmonic loud

3 - Put a bit of vibrato on the string.

Its easier to get them loud on the lower 3 strings as well in my opinion.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
^^ Another problem... i can never get one to sound on the lower 3 strings =/
practice alot.

dont use more gain. its not the 'real' sound when you play clean. use a little overdrive, when youll get the PH good on the overdrive (like 4 gain depends on amp) ull do it MUCH better with higher gain.
find the really sweet spot where your picking. I find that on my guitar some places on the string make really crazy harmonics e.g right behind the neck pickup
Quote by RiCKONZ
find the really sweet spot where your picking. I find that on my guitar some places on the string make really crazy harmonics e.g right behind the neck pickup

Yeah, pinch harmonics have different "Nodes" on the string where you should hit to make them sound best. If you don't hit them there, i don't think they even sound, so that might not even be the problem, but yeah one of the spots is behind the neck pickup. try hitting your harmonics there