Hey.
Does anyone know a good way to get an awesome Sum 41 tone? Like pedals, settings..ect. THanks
*serious posts please
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
I'd say get a new amp. A DSL401 would be great for Sum 41, I think Dave Brownsound used a DSL50 or a DSL100 when he was with them. It should do their sound pretty decent. If I were you, I would get rid of the AVT head and buy a DSL50 head, its a HUGE improvement. A DSL would basically give you all the gain you'd need for their tone. You might also wanna crank the mids, with bass around 7ish, and i have no idea about the treble.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Sell your AVT head on eBay.. You should get a good deal for it people always seem to buy them for around brand new prices.. Make sure you clean it up real good so it's in pristine condition to get a good price.. Keep the cab though cos it's decent..

Than get a DSL50 from Marshall.. It's what Dave used when he was in the band
Quote by Untitled001
Sell your AVT head on eBay.. You should get a good deal for it people always seem to buy them for around brand new prices.. Make sure you clean it up real good so it's in pristine condition to get a good price.. Keep the cab though cos it's decent..

Than get a DSL50 from Marshall.. It's what Dave used when he was in the band

Yeah, that seems like a good idea. I originally wanted the DSL50..but fell short in $$$. How much do you think i could pick one up for on ebay? And how much do you think i could get for my AVT150H if its like in say...9/10 condition?
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier