Hi from a early thread about boosting i have considerd the Boss SD-1. I have read many reviews and they have all said boosting it with there amp overdrive i know this seems stupid but i was wondering if you can use it with ur amp distortion, because im very happy with the overdrive and distortion sounds it just need to be thicker. Im curruntly in a tharsh core metal band (www.myspace.com/conjuringvengeance) so i will be playing real heavy stuff and i was wondering if it will make my sound a lot more thicker and more sustaine. Also from reading reviews i have read that its bypass isnt grate i was just wondering how bad it actually is but hopefully i will be able to try it out this wednesdday.

Thanks in advance
Gibson Explorer 76 Reissue Classic White

60th Anniversary Fender Telecaster 72 Custom

Yamaha Pacifica 112 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab bridge pup)

Laney LV200
I would get the pedal that is for metal, but i can't remember it's name
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I would get the pedal that is for metal, but i can't remember it's name

You mean the Boss Metal Zone or the Boss Metalcore? Thats a big no-no. I would get a Metal Muff and a Maxon OD-9 or if you have pretty nice amp OD, I would just get the OD-9 to tighten the lower end. The SD-1 might be able to do that, but i've never played one before.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
if you like your overdrice and disto chanels maybe get a graphic eq to thicken the guitars signal before it gets into the amp.
Quote by Zeus2716
On a seperate occasion, i learned that the diner frowns upon building anatomicaly correct sculptures out of their chicken fingers, onion rings and pickles.
I have a Boss SD-1, its great for solos, and thats the only thing i use it for. It gives your tone great clarity over the distortion, and it makes pinch harmonics squeal wonderfully. It also makes your sustain longer. However, whenever i used it as a boost, (not sure if i did it correctly) it kinda sucked my tone. Don't take my word on that one, just try it out in a shop. Its a great pedal for what it costs, though.
Sigs are too hard to think up
my freind has a metal zone but its not what im after i just need it to boost my signal and thicken the tone over my amp distortion but thanks any way
Gibson Explorer 76 Reissue Classic White

60th Anniversary Fender Telecaster 72 Custom

Yamaha Pacifica 112 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab bridge pup)

Laney LV200
Quote by Hodds49
my freind has a metal zone but its not what im after i just need it to boost my signal and thicken the tone over my amp distortion but thanks any way

I, and every other member on this website that actually know stuff, am very happy for you. Metal Zone's are utter shit, they don't really work well for anything.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
i have one and il second what the crimson said. you can really squeal with it.
Quote by Hoppusorange
Three words: TRY IT OUT!!!!

Yeah, do that too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild