Page 1 of 7
I'm not so familiar with any bands or artists that do type of music, so could someone please help me out here. Like especially that type of country music in movies where they 're in the desert and it's this kind of slow country guitar stuff, like Texas stuff or something. Or just any good country music in general.....

Thanks a lot...
Flutter

Holy crap was that awesome. Thanks for the reccomendation. I appreciate it. What heard doen't sound too country though. I guess I need to hear more.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Yeah, this 16 Horsepower is more bluegrass than country, more like a mix. I prefer bluegrass to country, but the thing is, I don't have a banjo nor know how to play one......

Another type of mix is country/rock, and Lynyrd Skynyrd is amazing at it.....
Neko Case
Jason Collett
old Wilco
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

The best way to get into country is to go into Modern Country, like Brad Paisley. This guy got me into Country:

Brad Paisley Solo Mix
Brad Paisley - Some Mistakes
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Can't go wrong with Paisley. I like Brooks & Dunn as well. There are plenty of good country artists.
LOL
I would highly recommend "Little Big Town", a four piece band, great harmonies and mostly acoustic. Ron Block and Jerry Douglas (of Alison Krauss' Union Station) play instruments on their last album.
Quote by Harmonius
The best way to get into country is to go into Modern Country.

Hmm, I would have to disagree. Modern country really sucks. Paisley is a good guitarist but his music and most pop stuff is like American Idol of Country. It is way too overproduced. Toby Keith is the Sum 41 and Fall Out Boy of Country. That guy needs fuck off in the worse way possible.

I would recommend Later Cash (American Recordings) and Some of Willie Nelson's "Red Headed Stranger". Also try some folk into country segway. Woody Guthrie is good.

Gillian Welch is perfect for getting into country in my opinion. Here...

Gillian Welch - "Time (The Revelator)"
Gillian Welch - Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Last edited by Liam Alan at Jul 5, 2007,
Little Big Town for sure
Kenny Chesney
Keith Anderson
Sugarland
Rascal Flatts (yes girls love them, but they are damned good)
Trace Adkins
Montgomery Gentry

More Guitar Oriented:
Keith Urban (amazing guitarist/singer)
Brad Paisley

check out their myspaces also
some good stuff
Quote by Guitardude19
The world is a fucked up place.

Tele's

"Oh I'll play the blues for you"
Keith Urban and Brooks and Dunn are the only country I listen to. They are both great and Keith Urban is one hell of a guitarist.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Quote by Doolittle
Hank Williams.

Hell yeah. Make sure you get Sr. Not Jr! Hank Williams Jr. is like a smart; classy Toby Keith. Which is still god; fricking awful.

Check out George Strait. He's one of my favorite country singers. Oh, and check out Randy Travis, too.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Well, I used to never listen to any country... and then one of my friends got me real interested in Brad Paisley. Not only is he an amazing guitarist (His tone is sweet), but he also writes great funny lyrics (online, mr. policeman, ticks), and its really blusey rock oriented country. Not to mention ticks has the greatest pick-up lines of all time.
*clears throat*

GARTH BROOKS! greatest entainer of all time in my opinion.
but like others have said, brad paisley, keith urban, brooks&dunn.
also joe nichols, and blake shelton are pretty cool. and little texas. and reba. and shenendoah. and sawyer brown. and joe diffee. and BIG AND RICH. and mark chestnutt.
shall i keep going?

to summerize the list, most country is pretty cool, if you just give it a chance. its not all "i love my sister and fugged my dog." thats just arkansas. but you dont have to go there.

and ps: rascall flatts blow. seriously.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
John Tams, more folk orientated than Country but a brilliant listen,

he also wrote most of the music for the 'Sharpe' Series, and acted in it as 'Hagman,' if you've ever heard/seen that.

http://www.myspace.com/johntamsmusic
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Obvious recommendations are Hank Williams, Chet Atkins, the Carter Family and Johnny Cash. Gene Clark and Gram Parsons are also quite excellent, although more country-rock than country.

Also, check out 'I See A Darkness' by Bonnie "Prince" Billy (Will Oldham). It's not blatant country music but definitely worth checking out. And if you don't mind checking out modern alt/country music, check out Uncle Tupelo and Wilco.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Also, check out 'I See A Darkness' by Bonnie "Prince" Billy (Will Oldham). It's not blatant country music but definitely worth checking out.

Hell yeah! Thank you. I never heard of this guy before. Now I have to buy all of his stuff! Damn you!

Kris Kristofferson
Walyon Jenngings
George Jones
William Elliot Whitmore
Quote by Alix_D
Taylor Swift & Tim McGraw

Try Brad Paisley - Specifically the albums, Time Well Wasted and 5th Gear. He's a guitar God in every sense of the meaning. If you don't believe me, click my signature.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

yup
they say if paisley and urban had a guitar duel, theyd both pass out from exhaustion before one won

heard that in country weekly or somethin
Quote by Guitardude19
The world is a fucked up place.

Tele's

"Oh I'll play the blues for you"
I cant believe no one said Merle Haggard...

Gene Autrey (sp?) EDIT: I might be thinkin of Gene watson...whatever his name is, he sings Love on a Hot Afternoon....good song.

Johnny Cash

Hank Williams

Waylon Jennings

George Jones

Dolly Parton

Tammy Wynette

The Judds

thats all i can think of

...Umm to answer the description of the original post, Ghost Riders In The Sky sounds like the kind of music you want....def. not modern country....not even....
Last edited by Riot Act at Jul 25, 2007,
good country?

johnny cash

hank williams

david allen coe

willie nelson

chet atkins (chet>prad paisley btw. all this brad paisley nuthugging is getting irritating.)

EDIT: i forgot to mention mel travis and tommy emmanuel. those two=guitar gods
hello
Last edited by Inno_a_Satana at Jul 28, 2007,
Ryan Adams is one of my favorite artists. I don't really like most popular country music but Paisley is really awesome too.
Cash
Charlie Daniels
Check out the late Jerry Garcia on Pedal Steel
Buddy Emmons, great Steel player
Woody Guthrie
Hank Williams Jr./Sr.
Maybe even Doc Watson?
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
The Snake The Cross The Crown (country/alt/folk/rock) are amazing artists.

Brad Paisley

Johnny Cash

I actually like some Keith Urban and Rascall Flatts
Quote by Liam Alan
Hell yeah! Thank you. I never heard of this guy before. Now I have to buy all of his stuff! Damn you!

Haha, that's what I was like. I heard some tracks from I See a Darkness and then had to buy all of his albums. I'm currnetly working my way through his 'Palace' discography as well. It's funny, I heard Johnny Cash's cover of 'I See a Darkness' on American III: Solitary Man and even though it was my favourite track from the album, I never thought to check out any of his stuff.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Haha, that's what I was like. I heard some tracks from I See a Darkness and then had to buy all of his albums. I'm currnetly working my way through his 'Palace' discography as well. It's funny, I heard Johnny Cash's cover of 'I See a Darkness' on American III: Solitary Man and even though it was my favourite track from the album, I never thought to check out any of his stuff.

Yeah, I just got 3. A greatest hits (I hate greatest hits album but it was to only place I could find Agnes Queen of Sorrow on half.com. All are awesome. I am amazed I have never heard of him before considering I grew up in Kentucky. Hehe

for good Country with a hint of rock: Old 97s and Drive-by Truckers, oh and hank williams III is good too
Quote by MitchB09
Ryan Adams is one of my favorite artists.

+1 Besides Cash, Ryan Adams is the closet thing to country I'll listen too. My favorite song is "Gonna Make You Love Me More".
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Liam Alan
Hell yeah. Make sure you get Sr. Not Jr! Hank Williams Jr. is like a smart; classy Toby Keith. Which is still god; fricking awful.

Exactly!

Quote by Inno_a_Satana

david allen coe

David Allen Coe? Weren't a majority of his songs extremely racist?
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by RHCP94
David Allen Coe? Weren't a majority of his songs extremely racist?

Some, but he's got a lot of songs that aren't racist and heppen to be very good.
The Ride
Please Come To Boston
You never called me by my name
Long Haired Redneck
Take This Job and Shove it
Jack Daniels if you please
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun