Hey all, currently am using a Zoom g7.1ut and will be getting a ESP ltd EC 500 (EMGs). How well would the valve junior work with this combination? Will the VJ be able to handle high gain stuff as well as low gain.? I am going to college so i dont want a very big amp at all, and the tube capabilities of the VJ seem good. are there any other very small tube amps or even better, small power tube amps avaliable? Thanks
Keiper Jackson Copy
Marshall VS 30
Zoom G7.1ut
Boss DS-2
Digitech Grunge
You won't wanna use your multi FX with it... you'll be wanting single FX.

Anyway, if you want to get heavy tones out of it, you'll need some pedals.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yep. or ask kerry. he makes custom valve jrs, and also his new line of amps. they're spectacular as far as the sound clips go.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hmm .. . well are there any other small tube amps that work with Multi FX, cause i am not gonna buy new pedals ( I just bought the zoom and like it). As I said before are the any solely power amps that are small?
Keiper Jackson Copy
Marshall VS 30
Zoom G7.1ut
Boss DS-2
Digitech Grunge
The VJ isn't just a power amp. It's got a 12AX7 for the preamp, and an EL84 for the abovesaid power amp. It will work with multi-effects, by the way, it's just that it won't sound good (the digitality-ism-ish-ness of the pedal will defeat the warmth of the tubes, making it pointless). Anyway, it's useless for metal without being cranked and having some boostage or an OD out front- no point in getting it for you, then.
Kerry? I take it he is a UGer. . .found him well i'll look into that one. Anyone else? help is needed?
Keiper Jackson Copy
Marshall VS 30
Zoom G7.1ut
Boss DS-2
Digitech Grunge
anyone?
Keiper Jackson Copy
Marshall VS 30
Zoom G7.1ut
Boss DS-2
Digitech Grunge
i want one for myself only cause their cheap and they get pretty loud for a small stack.
but i only play metal and classic metal... if thats a genre
will this amp take it?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I use mine with my zoom g1 sometimes and can get some reasonable sounds from it. I have an overdrive, wah, equalizer and chorus pedals but somtimes I use the zoom to play with the higher gain sounds and the reverb and delay effects. The zoom does not sound as good as useing the separate pedals but with careful tweeking it can sound OK plus the zoom can store patches which can be used later without having to remember the settings. Also the zoom can be used with headphones for quite practice without disurbing everyone else. I found I have to turn the volume down on the zoom quite a bit to get the sound a bit better with the VJ.
Quote by ugmung
i want one for myself only cause their cheap and they get pretty loud for a small stack.
but i only play metal and classic metal... if thats a genre
will this amp take it?

not really.

kerry is call1800kzmyazz by the way.

something like that anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
not really.

kerry is call1800kzmyazz by the way.

something like that anyway.

but it is a tube amp
what would it sound like...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
^ being tube has nothing to do with what music it will play. it's aimed at vintage tones, it'll play classic rock, just about, with hot humbuckers. and isn't tight enough for metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well...
any suggestions of what i could get then?
lmao
i love how im starting a new topic on some other guys topic...
xD
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
honestly, i don't think there's really a point into using a modelling pedal and a tube amp.
if you're going to use the zoom, it'd save you more money and be more practical to use a small ss amp (15-30w).

if you're going to use one for jamming with others and need some volume, then i guess the vj would do fine.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
honestly, i don't think there's really a point into using a modelling pedal and a tube amp.
if you're going to use the zoom, it'd save you more money and be more practical to use a small ss amp (15-30w).

From reading on THeStompbox forum many Zoom users say that the Zoom g7 and g9 work pretty well with tube amps, that was why i was looking into the VJ. well thatnks for the info. Does anyone know if any companies are still carrying the Crate powerblock. IT seems like that may be an ok SS optoin.
Keiper Jackson Copy
Marshall VS 30
Zoom G7.1ut
Boss DS-2
Digitech Grunge
Quote by e_dude
From reading on THeStompbox forum many Zoom users say that the Zoom g7 and g9 work pretty well with tube amps, that was why i was looking into the VJ. well thatnks for the info. Does anyone know if any companies are still carrying the Crate powerblock. IT seems like that may be an ok SS optoin.

There are a few around on eBay over here, I've actually got one I'm selling. It doesn't make sense to buy it off me as I'm in Australia though.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by ugmung
well...
any suggestions of what i could get then?
lmao
i love how im starting a new topic on some other guys topic...
xD

roland cube 30/60, maybe.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hi ihave a valve junior. I recommend only anologue pedals for it because if u use a multi or digital effects with it it takes a way the terrific tones it has andd makes it sound like a transister amp so i wud recommend no multi effects and only anolog pedals.

conrad