You sir have FABULOUS taste in music!
I love battleheart!

Do a quick search for pirate scales though
There was a thread a while back with the exact same question
Last edited by PapaSmurph at Jul 1, 2007,
that doesn't really sound piratey, its just power metal, with celtic-ish melody. Yeah, i really don't know.
Quote by greenday1182
i just heard the most amazing solo ever. it's in a song called "holiday" by green day. its even harder than some of blink 182s stuff!! im gonna learn this solo right now! give it a listen, its really good sounding and not too easy.
just look up pirate scales like that papa smurph guy said n just get a keyboard. thats just playd with the guitar 2 make it sound that way
Thanks guys. I guess these scales would be helpful in creating folky melodies?
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Listen to the Shin's Sea Leg's.

They get a good piratey vibe.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
just make your whole melody a crotchet, followed by a quaver followed by a crotchet followed by a quaver, like swinging syncopation, its like being on the sea! but make sure you used lotsa intervals, not just seconds.
i suck but THATS OK!
How about you learn that melody from Battleheart you like so much and find out what makes it tick. Scales don't automatically mean you're gonna make pirate music.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
wow that was excellant. try learning some old sea shanties you can find them if you tap in folk music then start playing with the tempo...........and find an accordian player
Last edited by bewley at Jul 12, 2007,