im looking to upgrade the pickups on either my gibson l6s or jackson dk2 Dinky...
what would upgrading pikups do to the guitaure i ubderstand that it would improve quality of sound, but would it change the "tone or feeling" the guitars sound gives?
also what cusomizations has UG made to their guitars?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
ofcourse it would change the tone. ppl say the amp does more, but i think every aspect of a guitar alters tone. i mean everything. not how much tone it changes, or how much tonal character it adds... it just changes it.

i've put in an active mid boost preamp, and a set of Fender Hot Noiseless pickups. i like it not being so "fat" as a tone, but i use my amp and my tubescreamer to make it fatter sounding. it has a nice bite and edge in the sound, but superior bass response.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
okay but whats the diffrence between the noise te wood makes and the pickups make?
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
It'll really only change the sound if you have a decent amp, if you have a cheap practice amp, don't even bother as it really won't make any difference whether you're playing the guitar with upgraded pickups or not because the amp doesn't have good enough tone in the first place to get anymore deffinition and tone from the pickups.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
well the wood doesn't really make the "noise". it resonates the strings, creating less/more sustain, and tonal character. pickups catch the vibration of the strings, as the strings alter the magnetic field, it turns it into electricity. (i think...)

so do u want recommendation of pickups or sumtin?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
weel wat i mean is that my guitar for example has a really edgy trebely sound to it that i like would upgradeing the pickups change the trably ness and edgyness or just improve sound quality
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
get a british voiced amp. vox AC30CC or a Marshall all-tube would work. get Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups. they have really warm and round sound, and i like it. they're called the slash pickups. That should get all ur treble into "edge" or "bite".
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The pickups don't make a HUGE difference, if you love that treble, you can always tweak your amp settings. You will find though, that some pickups will have more 'grunt' and some will have more 'bite'. Just try the out really
ohai little sig.