Manuel of Scarlet Ash - So we have 13 songs for our upcoming album and this is my favorite out them all, I wrote the lyrics and melodies and stuff and the lead guitarist wrote the actuall music but lets not go ther, Orginally this was a letter to God when I found out that my girlfriend was going to get an abortion, to my knowledge i thought it was my son! It wasnt my son and she didnt go through with the abortion but that night i was at work couldnt leave but my mind was going crazy! I wrote a letter then revised it into the most important parts and into song form and this is what was born

To Live

Verse 1
I'm sorry you never came home but believe me one day we will bring you back
I just cannot say it enough that im so damn sorry I never gave you the Chance
The chance to live, I'll bring you down, From that cloud, So you can be with us
The chance to live, I'll bring you down, From that cloud, So you can be with us
Bridge
How could I live with myself
How could I die with myself
How could I ever move on
Chorus
And one thing i've learned is one way or another
You can make this man cry
Fall to my knees
And Beg for Mercy
Verse 2
But the hardest thing to say is my son dies tonight, And still I cant say how wrong, is this right?
I'll stay strong for you, just come to me with you tears, So we can cry it all away
Let me see you cry... Let me see you hurt... Let me Hold you... Till the pain is gone
Let me see you cry... Let me see you hurt... Let me Hold you... Till the pain is gone
Chorus
And one thing i've learned is one way or another
You can make this man cry
Fall to my knees
And Beg for Mercy
Outro
How could I live with myself
How could I die with myself
How could I ever move on

Call it what you will but seriously the music pulls it all together, were a very complex band compared the the crap thats out there today, the only bands somewhat like us are The Human Abstract and Protest the Hero to give you some footing. I think this song is what can make us big being that its like the turning point of out concept album, tell me what you think comments, Critics, I just want opinions
That is a beautiful song. It really has a powerful meaning behind it. Is it acoustic? It could sound really easy if it isn't. Crit any of the ones in my sig.
Thanks man... No its not acoustic its Progressive Hard Rock alot of mixing up of chord progressions and bass lines from hell and guitar harmonies like there was no tomorrow its a difficult song to play, but beautiful song to listen to cause its very melodic, sure I'll check your out
Last edited by NightEmbers at Jul 1, 2007,
lol Wow umm not even I would attempt to tab that out, plus we do alot of thing were all instruments drop out and give one guy a little solo part so the only way to have one of our songs tabbed out would be through guitar pro, that i can think of but maybe i can convince our lead guitar player to do it, if so, i'll send it your way
Yeah I kinda started to try to make it but then i played it and realized that would take awhile, plus I never really used guitar pro to make stuff, i only use it to learn to play human abstract song... We'll see maybe we'll have one up pretty soon