Yes
3 10%
No
23 79%
zOMG I found an exception
3 10%
Voters: 29.
Do you mean like synthesizers?
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
i say no...besides playing guitar, i play ukulele, classical piano, and am doing quite dandy teaching myself violin, and i still think that sounds a bit harsh. there are some instruments that you just can't play, can't afford, or find the people to play no matter how hard you look. it still requires some musical skill to arrange MIDI loops that actually sound good. maybe prefabricated samples, yes, but even in the hands of a skilled DJ those can take some skill to make great music out of them. Girl Talk ftw.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Last edited by phobos at Jul 1, 2007,
I myself compose a lot of music using the PowerTab MIDI. That doesn't mean I'm a bad guitarist or musician because I use MIDI. Composing for MIDI is basicly the same as it is for anything else. The only thing is, it's not a person playing it. It's just a computer, and it won't make mistakes.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
argh I hate it when people think making electronic music takes no talent, I both play guitar and make various types of electronic music, and they're very different to make, but personally I think electronic music is actually harder to make.
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
No using loops is useful, you still have to make them and use them when appropriate. MIDI is also very useful as you can use it to keep synths in time and trigger other things.

Why would MIDI be a bad thing for artists its easy to use and is useful.

EDIT: +1 to above post
I don't think it does, no. I use MIDI synth in practically everything I make, and some of it is looped because... I'm too lazy to play things twice