Made a thread about this about 15 minutes ago but realised that I really overcomplicated the query.

So basically, I want a guitar with east fret access all the way up the neck, think SG as opposed to Les Paul and you'll probably get the idea.

I play metal, rock, some shred and blues, so something that can cover all those would be a real gem. I'm looking to spend around £800

Cheers!
Funny words.
You could get yourself a nice ESP Standard Series for that much, I think.

Not to mention, maybe a lower end Jackson Soloist, if you could find it cheap. Fender American Deluxe Strat?

For that much money, there's a lot of stuff you could do. Mostly it all has good upper fret access.
well your lookin for something like a flying V shape. I dont think theres many guitars out there with better upper fret access then those body shape guitars. If you dont like that sort of shape id say maybe go for a prestige model from the RG ibanez series, lots of access there.

hope this helps
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Made a thread about this about 15 minutes ago but realised that I really overcomplicated the query.

So basically, I want a guitar with east fret access all the way up the neck, think SG as opposed to Les Paul and you'll probably get the idea.

I play metal, rock, some shred and blues, so something that can cover all those would be a real gem. I'm looking to spend around £800

Cheers!

Winnar.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
I probably would go for a strat but they're not really suitable for the type of music I'd be wanting to play.

How much different are Jackons Soloists from Jackosn Dinkys? Because I played a DK2 not too long ago and I was frightfully disappointed.
Funny words.
Of course, if you want that much versatility with great fret access, then why not go for the SG you already mentioned?

You have one already, what is wrong with it?
ESP LTD EX-series.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Gibson faded V? ; )
"After while your cheap talk dont even cause me pain...so let your bullets fly like rain."
an SG model, V model guitars have nice fretboard acces, my friend has a BC Rich warlock and you can easilly get up pretty high without effort
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
The Iceman has ludicrous upper fret access, or you could just go for something like an RG.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/15416
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg-2550e/66817

If they aren't good enough for you then you've got no option other than to hunt down an Alvarez Scoop...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 2, 2007,
Ibanez and Yamaha have really wide cutaways that give you more access to the frets, without being butt-ugly like MOST Flying Vs
Yea, neck thrus are your best bet man. Check out some LTD/ESP, Ibanez or Jackson guitars.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
I think you are confusing everyone by saying easy access to upper frets. Correct me if I am wrong, but arent you just looking for a guitar that you can play your music thats a double-cutaway??
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500