How awesome would that be? A program that converted an audio track to tab/sheet music form?
It could do it for notation... I think. But tabwise, it would have to know whereabouts on the fretboard to go.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Well, notation then. Would still be awesome. I heard something about Band-In-A-Box, apparently that can do it but I'm not sure...
Sibelius can put Audio into Notation.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
I'm having a hard enough time getting GuitarPro to export as a WAV as it is...

That's kinda the same, only the other way around >.>
It could be done at some stage in the future but it's extremely hard to do. Having done a project similar for my final year in college, I've read a few thesis's that prove this...
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
power tab can turn midis into tab...
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Donkey Fly
Sibelius can put Audio into Notation.

... i was about to say that.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I know some company managed it, but it's only for one instrument at a time I think. It's polyphonic though, so you could get notation out of solo guitar stuff. They're keeping it proprietary though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
there is a program that you can lay down a snare/bass/quad track for marching band and itll show you the music