I recently (yesterday) put in a seymour duncan hot rails, and its seems like they have a few problems (my mistakes.)

1.) When i roll the volume all the way down they can still be heard.

2.) With the volume rolled all the way up the pickups produce a overpoweringly loud and muddy sound.

Does anyone know what I did wrong?
Quote by electrcspano335
I recently (yesterday) put in a seymour duncan hot rails, and its seems like they have a few problems (my mistakes.)

2.) With the volume rolled all the way up the pickups produce a overpoweringly loud and muddy sound.

Does anyone know what I did wrong?
what kind of pick ups did you have before?
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
I had a stock single coil tele pickup, but I replaced the volume pot with a 500k push/pull which now splits the coil on the duncan and i took out the tone pot for the neck humbucker.
Quote by electrcspano335

It can ALLWAYS be grounding...
If you meassure the resistance between the wiper and the lug connected to ground
on the volume pot you should get ZERO!?
This is not allways the case.
Quote by electrcspano335

So they really are hot then...
If I took out the tone pot and put a treble bleed circuit in, do you think it would clean up alot? Also I think the reason why its not cutting out, is because the eyelet that is not in use isnt grounded to the shell.