ok so my cousin loaned me his ibanez gsr200 bass for a few months while hes in india, and i was wondering what would be some good songs to practice. i've played guitar for a little more than a year but never played bass till a couple of days ago, although i'm learning pretty fast. any suggestions?
Back in black-ac dc
Sin City-ac dc
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Write your own stuff, man. You've got experience on guitar, and in my experience, nothing teaches you faster than working hard to play what you hear in your head. Before you ask what to play, though, consider what type of bassist you wanna be. Do you wanna be the guy that goes thump in the backround, the guy who holds the pocket down? Do you wanna be the guy that plugs along playing single root notes behind the guitarist or do you wanna do some flashy **** and develope your own sound? Me personally I hate just playing behind the guitarist all the time - it's boring and takes little skill. Decide what you wanna get outta your playing, then go for it.
Hey, try Longview by Green Day (Dookie Album). I know it's a harder song to get the hang of, but the intro kicks man. Just try it real slow and then work up ur speed.
Quote by Sense()Offender
Write your own stuff, man. You've got experience on guitar, and in my experience, nothing teaches you faster than working hard to play what you hear in your head. Before you ask what to play, though, consider what type of bassist you wanna be. Do you wanna be the guy that goes thump in the backround, the guy who holds the pocket down? Do you wanna be the guy that plugs along playing single root notes behind the guitarist or do you wanna do some flashy **** and develope your own sound? Me personally I hate just playing behind the guitarist all the time - it's boring and takes little skill. Decide what you wanna get outta your playing, then go for it.

yea i am writing some of my own stuff but its mostly just backing tracks to go along with my guitar recordings.
Quote by ThunderbirdGirl
Hey, try Longview by Green Day (Dookie Album). I know it's a harder song to get the hang of, but the intro kicks man. Just try it real slow and then work up ur speed.

ok i can do the intro now, playing with the song