I am looking to upgrade the pickups in my Epiphone Les Paul. I play mostly post-hardcore music with some blues thrown in every once in a while.

I was looking at getting some EMGs but, I don't know which ones to get or if I should even get them.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for the suggestions.

One person told me that the EVO pickup would be good. Is that true?
Quote by forsaknazrael
^^Oh, right, because you play your EMGs through a good amp...Where they'll actually shine...And because you've played every other pickup out there.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. jackass.
and yes i have played alot of different types of pickups.
Quote by littlemurph7976
everyone is entitled to their own opinion. jackass.
and yes i have played alot of different types of pickups.

Somehow, I don't think so...But you're right, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Quote by 82Camaro355
Thanks for the suggestions.

One person told me that the EVO pickup would be good. Is that true?

No, I don't think that would be a good match at all.
Thanks for the help.

Now, if there was only a way for me to try these without buying them.
I didn't even think about going and, listening to sound clips. I appreciate the idea.
Yeah I'm really happy with my EMG 81/85 pair (I play thrash and death metal). They weren't too difficult to install either; it took me a few hours but it was my first attempt at changing the electronics in my guitar. So as long as you know how to wield a soldering iron, you should be fine. You should be able to find an 81/85 pair (or an 81/81 pair) on eBay for around $150 or so. I've played some various SD pickups and they were acceptable, but I like my active EMGs.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
member, electro-harmonix users' guild
thrice pretty much wrote the book on post-hardcore, and i think both teppei and dustin used duncan JBs in the bridge.
if you do go with the emgs i would go with a 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck, this way the 81 is great for super high gain distortion but the 60 is still warmer and capable of cleans and jazzy stuff. otherwise the duncan sh-6 distortion is great all around too.