Hey guys, I'm a sort of newb guitar player, been self teaching myself since just before christmas.

I bought a Fender Squire Strat - Bullet about a month ago, and its a decent guitar for what i need. Though the amp that came with it im guessing is very crappy. It's a Fender SP-10, 10 watt 6" speaker. The guitar was a pretty good deal though, $113 AU.

Im looking to buy a new amp for it, nothing special. And im asking if anyone has used a 'Success' amp before.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Success-50W-Electric-Guitar-Amplifier-Digital-Effec_W0QQitemZ320133013095QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry if i look rather noobish, just trying to do my research so i dont waste money

Edit: I forgot to mention, im mainly using this to play clean, with a rather bassy tone.
Last edited by Dark_Merlin at Jul 1, 2007,
Never heard of that amp and, frankly, it doesn't look too promising. A poor man's Spider, perhaps?

Quote by Dark_Merlin
I forgot to mention, im mainly using this to play clean, with a rather bassy tone.

I wouldn't generally mention it as a first-type amp, but maybe you should have a look at the Epiphone Valve Jr (or it's local copy). It's only 5W, but all tube, so it will sound much louder than your current 10W SS, 6" speaker set-up. It'll give you a very nice clean/bassy tone on it's own, and it's a great platform for pedals as you add them.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.