here goes...

i earlier installed windows vista. Doing do completely wiped my comp and it all started up as if i just got a brand new computer. I transferred all my songs from my ipod straight to my computer.. loaded up windows media player.. and it won't play anything.

It says i don't have a sound driver on my computer.. but i've been playing music on my computer for 2 n half years now and i have't had a single problem with not having sound. Is there anything i can download or anything i can do to be able to solve this?

thanks =)
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
Quote by sk8tdude8
i know exactly what your mistake is

VISTA!!!!!

Oh aren't you so very funny and cool...

Get off the bandwagon and accept the fact that not everything is perfect on the first try. Trial and error = improvement.

Threadstarter: See if you can find out what brand/model your sound card is and google for drivers.

I had exactly the same thing when I installed Vista and I had to download the new Vista drivers from the manufacturer's website.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
how would i do that?.. ould i need to take my computer apart and look att eh sound card directly?

and thanks for the help.. it's very much appreciated
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
install a sound device.
did u get discs when you got your computer? if so, there should be a device disc or something so you can install it
I see no sign of fortress.
i have 3 back up discs to completely re do windows.. but i think that will put my windows xp media centre back on....
Google your PC brand and model and look for some specs, it should tell you the details of your sound card there.

If not, go Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage audio devices.
Then click the Playback tab in the window that opens, it should list your sound devices there.

For instance, mine is Conexant High Definition Audio. So when I needed new drivers for Vista, I googled "Conexant audio drivers".
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
it says there isn't any devices in the playback tab
thats what happens when you try to put an OS on a computer that wasnt made to handle it. instead of upgrading your current one you should of just bought a new one.

and to the dickweed that said its becasue its vista: you better stock up on windows XP porducts if you like it so much, becasue once 2008 rolls around before march XP is off the markets and Vista is here to stay. your only escape is mac or linux. have fun with that.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.