Okay, so.
I bought a 30GB Ipod from my friend for 200$, which is a pretty good deal.
Its practically new, and I don't have her apple ID so i can't open it right now, but i was wondering.
Can i use someone elses apple Id, or is there some other way around using the ID?
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Well when i open Itunes, i go to devices and it says "rachels Ipod" (thats her) and then theres nothing there, i can't view the library or anything, and i'm guessing i have to sign in for it.
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
You can't use anyone elses ID I dont' think...Your ID is tied into your acount on Itunes along with money.
I think what you should do, is plug it in, reformat it and then put your songs on there, you should be fine then.

EDIT: The name is just a name, you can change it.
Quote by neogamer_101
You can't use anyone elses ID I dont' think...Your ID is tied into your acount on Itunes along with money.
I think what you should do, is plug it in, reformat it and then put your songs on there, you should be fine then.

EDIT: The name is just a name, you can change it.

How do you reformat it?
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
*plugs ipod in*

Plug your ipod in, then open itunes and then on the side there should be "devices" and click on Rachels iPod er w/e the name is. Then hit restore. If theres nothing there, it shouldn't take to long. Then you should be able to put your music on.
Ipods are localized, meaning, they are usually ID'd to a specific computer/itunes.

So say, you, trying to gain access to your friend's Ipod on anything but her computer wouldn't be possible without deleting the entire library and setting the ID to your computer.

It prevents duplicating music, and stealing files/music/videos from Ipods. It's a security system.

So what you have to do is, download Itunes, plug your Ipod in, and reformat the ipod. Then you can put your music on it.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
Quote by Something_Vague
Ipods are localized, meaning, they are usually ID'd to a specific computer/itunes.

So say, you, trying to gain access to your friend's Ipod on anything but her computer wouldn't be possible without deleting the entire library and setting the ID to your computer.

It prevents duplicating music, and stealing files/music/videos from Ipods. It's a security system.

So what you have to do is, download Itunes, plug your Ipod in, and reformat the ipod. Then you can put your music on it.

We already have Itunes downloaded on my computer (We have windows XP, my sisters have Ipods) Would that Itunes work? Because right now theres no restore button, or i'm just doing something wrong.
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
K, so.
When i click on it, it opens a whole new Itunes window, and im wondering if i ened to open that window and where i should find restore, or if i should be right-clicking on the "rachels Ipod" under devices.
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel