if my friend is better at guitar hero than I am even though he doesnt play guiatr does that mean he is a better guitarist than me. I'm guessing not but I need some closure.

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
I'm close friends with someone in the top 100 on the GH leaderboards (out of something like 50,000), and I own him at guitar.

No, it means nothing.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
no...my friend can play guitar hero better than me...he can't even play a power chord on a real guitar...it just means that they're more nerdy...lol...and play a LOT more than you do...
Quote by evening_crow
Psh...n00bs..i'm doing it as i type...actually, i'm typing with my penis while wanking.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
If he says he's better than you at guitar because of that then he's an idiot.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by Human Contact
I'm close friends with someone in the top 100 on the GH leaderboards (out of something like 50,000), and I own him at guitar.

No, it means nothing.

+1

my friend (this is not a joke, ive seen his stats) was the top for almost a month. he sucks at bass and guitar. dont worry bro, all my friends are the same way. its just not like playing real guitar at all
Quote by GuitarGuy1994
if my friend is better at guitar hero than I am even though he doesnt play guiatr does that mean he is a better guitarist than me. I'm guessing not but I need some closure.

wait a minute... are you actually serious?!?!?!?!?

if yes, i pity you.....

thats just sad
UG spouses: fallenangel120, Leonheart...<333
Quote by Jett Diamond
What if women were actually meant to be superior to men? What if I'm supposed to be in a kitchen right now?

18th Member of "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Blood Justic3!
Rose of Sharyn
My Curse
is this seriously a problem, i mean come on its guitar hero.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
i dont see how people who play guitar are bad at the game?

i play guitar IRL, and totally kill anyone who tries to challenge me on that game; whether they play guitar or not.
i am better at guitar and at guitar hero than all my friends....Its funny to bring guitar hero places and play on expert and people think your like a god...
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
Our entire generation is gonna have carpal tunnel. The culprit? Guitar Hero.

I hate it because I suck at it.
i suck at GH but im good at guitar...i guess thats unorthodox
Quote by Jett Diamond
What if women were actually meant to be superior to men? What if I'm supposed to be in a kitchen right now?

Blood Justic3!
Rose of Sharyn
My Curse
Quote by ReeseKillsHIV
< decent at guitar
< meh at GH

sorry for the double post, but LO FREAKIN L at yer sig
Quote by Jett Diamond

Blood Justic3!
Rose of Sharyn
My Curse
like, playing guitar hero means you can use your fingers to hit five different buttons

on guitar theres tapping, harmonics, bends, etc. that you dont do on guitar hero

being good at guitar hero means your good at GUITAR HERO. not guitar.
I'm pretty good at guitar hero. I can play on expert and get decent scores. And I'd say I'm good at guitar. IMO Guitar Hero is WAY harder than real guitar(but nothing like it) because they exaggerate the solos so much. Go watch someone playing Jordan on expert on youtube.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Quote by methebob
sorry for the double post, but LO FREAKIN L at yer sig

Yeah, I still laugh when I take the time to read it.
Dude, I'm totally a guitar hero, and I can flex my 5 buttons WAY faster then your 90+ frets.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by GuitarGuy1994

I pity you if you're serious.
Quote by GuitarGuy1994

666 BRO
How many groupies have the top Guitar Hero players ever gotten?

+ the title for the game is a complete misnomer. They don't have any songs from any real life Guitar Heroes. (Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Dime, Yngwie, etc whatever)
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Jul 2, 2007,
Guitar=6 Strings, around 23 frets
GH=1 bar, 5 buttons

You could play YYZ on expert on GH and still not be able to play smoke on the water on guitar.

my friend can do every song on expert on guitar hero and i beat him down on real guitar.
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
Wait what? Guitar Hero? That's like asking if somebody is good at football because they're good at Madden or good at fighting terrorists because they play CS. It's just a game dude.
"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
- Kurt Cobain
Learning to play Guitar Hero before learning to play Guitar is like whiping before you poop. It doesn't make sense.