Alright ive been in the middle of a Squier Strat Rebuild. I have no experience with wiring so i was thinking of getting a prewired pickgaurd because i was gonna replace all the electronics. So i was wondering right now im on a budget, so would a prewired pickguard with these crappy pickups sound like a stock MIM set? I would be fine with that until i got money to get a nicer set.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/whsssprpias.html
you do see that is is sold out rite? as for how good they are im not sure. i bought 2 humbuckers from them but i have yet to install them. their pots are good though...umm check harmony central
Save up and get a mexi strat - the squier's aint that great if you can afford to get a better strat. It'd do better, i think.
Quote by cloud_x_13
you do see that is is sold out rite? as for how good they are im not sure. i bought 2 humbuckers from them but i have yet to install them. their pots are good though...umm check harmony central

yeah i hope they get some more in
i checked harmony central and theres only 2 reviews but they are good

Save up and get a mexi strat - the squier's aint that great if you can afford to get a better strat. It'd do better, i think.

I would but im low on cash and im already sanding my squier and i just want a project for fun
iono what kind of GFS pickups they use on that thing. I HIGHLY recommend getting a pickguard, three pots, and three pickups of ur choice and wire them urself. that would be 100 times better than just buying it like that.

GFS makes decent pickups IMO. but don't confuse with the clearance section sets. cuz those aren't GFS, and they're crappy.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
iono what kind of GFS pickups they use on that thing. I HIGHLY recommend getting a pickguard, three pots, and three pickups of ur choice and wire them urself. that would be 100 times better than just buying it like that.

GFS makes decent pickups IMO. but don't confuse with the clearance section sets. cuz those aren't GFS, and they're crappy.

Yeah i knew the quality ones were the higher end ones but i was wondering if this would be at least somewhat decent to hold me over until i can get some better pickups.
that's a waste of money. cuz u'd be spending money on pickups, and just trying to sell the ones u swapped out. i really suggest getting the pickups that u'd play with right now.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
that's a waste of money. cuz u'd be spending money on pickups, and just trying to sell the ones u swapped out. i really suggest getting the pickups that u'd play with right now.

Well heres the thing, i dont know crap about wiring and if i got a wired pickgaurd with the good pickups itd be 120 if i got one with the crap pickups itd be 30. The good pickups are 50 so id basically be paying 80 bucks for both down the road.
then just keep the pickguard on ur squier... and if ur gonna be playing guitar as a hobby, its nice to learn about electronics and wiring ****.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/index.php <<< Great site, strictly guitar stuff only.
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/index.htm <<< general electronics. start here.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ya. for the long run, it's nice to know how to wire **** urself. if u buy wired pickguards, u'd have very limited variety of pickups. and if u get somebody else to wire it, u'd get ripped off. so yea. my $0.02
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard