usually when i play guitar i really get into it and put a lot of emotion into my playing. now when i pick up my guitar sometimes i just sound horrible, and i don't even want to play. i've been playing at the same level for months it seems, i don't know sometimes it seems like i am losing interest.

am i a freak?
Quote by SwedishCamel

am i a freak?

no, man. It happens to everybody. Like the guy above me said, just take a break for a couple days. Or try learning a new style. That might light a fire under you ass.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
yeah man just like take a break for alittle while and start getting into new music or bands then u'll probably get inspired to play again
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by SwedishCamel
usually when i play guitar i really get into it and put a lot of emotion into my playing. now when i pick up my guitar sometimes i just sound horrible, and i don't even want to play. i've been playing at the same level for months it seems, i don't know sometimes it seems like i am losing interest.

am i a freak?

We all have those moments. There are some days where I'm like "Know what? Screw it, I'm going to give my hands a rest today and just relax about everything". Sometimes it last for months or sometimes it last for a minute. It happens, we've been through it. A little 1 day break usually works for me.

You might be loosing inspiration, but that can be fixed easily. Try looking at different types of music and sounds. One of the best ways to gain inspiration is getting a different perspective on music. Explore as many types of music as you can. Loosing inspiration =/= loosing interest.

I wouldn't call you a freak.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
no, im currently just exiting that phase of "horizontal growth".what i did was find some hard ass song that i liked and learned it all the way through. that song was land of conusion by disturbed. not really that hard now that i think about it, but i like it
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
my mum says this, i hate her for saying it, but "sometimes in anything you do, you excel, plateau or even slip down" its true, your not always on an upward roll. Just keep playing, record yourself and compare it to what you are like later.
i suck but THATS OK!
Just listen to new music, the last thing to do is give up, we all get into slums, it sometimes just takes some time and inspiration to get back into the swing of things,but trust me if you wait you will get back into what you love to do, whatever style you play.
Listen to your heart. Just about EVERY hobby has it's down time. You may just need a short break. Give it a few days, maybe a week. You will know. But don't give up totally yet.
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa