I have a Marshall MG30DFX, and I think it sounds good, but all I've seen on this site is people bashing MG's. What's that all about? If they hate it so much, maybe it's because it doesn't suit their style. I play my Gibson SG through it and I love the tone. And if you still insist MG's are terrible, I'm a Paul Gilbert fan, and I'm looking for a Laney. Any suggestions there, MG haters?
delete this if you don't wanna die a slow flaming death...seriously

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009

There's a thread about this every day. search.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I loved mg's for the longest time, I thought the halfstack would be my amp for sure, until I actually compared a nice tube amp that was the same price as the mg, and there you have it. For the price, you can get better.
you need to dial those knobs for a while to get a good tone, but believe me, compared to other marshall amps (jcm 800, plexi,blues breaker) it sucks
1-MG's are ****
2-MG's are ****
3-MG's are ****
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
wow you bought a Gibson... and you playing it thru a noob amp?
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
*awaits picture with the gun and the dog*

Also, a highly recommended amp is the Laney VC30
^^Hey man, for most people, it happens one of two ways:

A.) Get a nice guitar and then a nice amp.

OR

B.) Get a nice amp, and then a nice guitar.

Don't bring him down for that. I bet you if he had a squier and a 5150 or something, you have a go at that too.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

I have an Mg 100 half stack along with my JCM 900
I got the MG casue it was cheap and sounded kickass and always wanted a stack,

After the JCM 900, i found out why the MG gest bashed so much: It doesn't live up to MArshall quality.

If Marshall only put out MG's, it would be pretty well received. But a MG sereis, is the Squeir of Fender or Epiphone of Gibson.
Quote by Norse_Iron_King
I have an Mg 100 half stack along with my JCM 900
I got the MG casue it was cheap and sounded kickass and always wanted a stack,

After the JCM 900, i found out why the MG gest bashed so much: It doesn't live up to MArshall quality.

If Marshall only put out MG's, it would be pretty well received. But a MG sereis, is the Squeir of Fender or Epiphone of Gibson.

Hey dont bash Epiphones... at the end of the day a guitar is a piece of wood... there are good pieces of wood, and there are bad pieces of wood... so why does an inlay on the headstock matter? Epiphones are built to Gibson specs using pretty much the same materials, the only thing different is the inlay on the headstock and the pickups...

an amp on the otherhand is a complaex piece of electronics...

please dont compare and Epiphone to a Marshall MG...
-Mohandas Gandhi
I've got an MG and a 5150. So, I know what good tone is. The MG series isn't THAT ****ty. I mean, it's pretty ****ty, but if you know it well enough, you can make it sound less ****ty.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
At least epiphone makes good amps, and the solid states are cheaper than the MG's. Epiphone guitars from the standard models and up are nice, and their guitars are made with the same materials and components, but assembled in other countries.

With that said, while they don't play as nice as the gibbys, they're good guitars, except for the shat pickups.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Mg's are thin , the Distortion sounds like one big ball of fuzz/buzz . Oms this weekend we went to check some of our friends play a gig , he had to play with what was provided ( MG 100 combo crap ) . It sounded so bad in the mix , the crew kept on comming up the stage to try dail into a decent tone but failed to do so . Drums and Bass were killing the poor guy . So ye MG's are useless for a band setup , no wait .... they are just plain useless .

But hey , they cheap and great for PPL that just starting to learn the basics.

lol , Im also waiting for Cute Puppy and Gun pic .
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
Last edited by t3mp at Jul 2, 2007,
Whoosh

Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
No, it's a lock!
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure