I can't tell you how much I love them. I really think that the electronic aspect of the band gives you a glimpse into the future of music. And Ben Gibbard, of course, is a very articulate and very talented songwriter. I like his work in PS moreso than Death Cab.

Anyway, what are your opinions?
Sleeping In and Nothing Better are phenomenal. Love those two tracks.
The Postal Service is amazing, i'm so glad they're starting on producing a second album.
i love the postal service. great band. great concept. great first album. id love to hear a second.
Oh no wonder... I never realized that Deathcab and Postal Service shared some members.
Just waking up right now to Sleeping In... haha. Great band.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
haha this is kinda funny:

Wikipedia.org
The name "Postal Service" was chosen due to the way in which the band produced their songs. Jimmy would write the music then send DAT tapes to Ben, who would edit the song as he saw fit, adding his vocals along the way, and send them back to Jimmy via "Postal Service". In 2004, however, the United States Postal Service sent the band a cease and desist letter citing their trademark on the phrase "postal service." After negotiations, the USPS relented, allowing the band use of the trademark in exchange for promotional efforts on behalf of the USPS and a performance at their annual National Executive Conference. Additionally, the USPS website sells the band's CDs.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
the album makes you feel the greatest youve ever felt

it indesciribable
that album has really cool memories attached to it for me, mostly really nice views of the ocean and mountains and such. it was the only CD i had after my mp3 player broke on a trip to california, and i listened to it non-stop. the district sleeps alone tonight is a great, great song.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
That was weird/kinda lame

But yeah the Postal Service are awesome.
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Last edited by Adderall_Ninja at Jul 20, 2007,
Quote by Mr. Orange
eh. i really like the music, but the death cab guy bugs me out.

Uhhh what?
Ben Gibbard is really unbeatable... In my opinion of course.
I never found him annoying or anything like that...
Love is watching
Someone die.
I've just heard DCFC, and they're amazing. I'd love to check out some Postal Service.

EDIT:
Quote by Ghost Knive
Uhhh what?
Ben Gibbard is really unbeatable... In my opinion of course.
I never found him annoying or anything like that...

He's too indie for him, obviously.

Seriously, though, I can see how people would find Gibbard annoying. I supposse to some people he'd seem like the really pretentious kinda bloke. Not in his interviews, but his music is pretty serious, if you know what I mean. His lyrics are very literate and he seems like a pretty smart guy. Snobbish, to some.
Last edited by European Son at Aug 18, 2007,
^ After you check out the Postal Service, check out Dntel. It's basically Jimmy Tamborello from the PS. I'm not really a Postal Service fan, but I love Dntel. In particular the Life Is Full of Possibilities album.
Yes I have listened to Dntel, quite amazing stuff.
Never got to liking it too much though.
But still good stuff.
Love is watching
Someone die.
I love DCFC and The Postal Service. Both are amazing
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
^ After you check out the Postal Service, check out Dntel. It's basically Jimmy Tamborello from the PS. I'm not really a Postal Service fan, but I love Dntel. In particular the Life Is Full of Possibilities album.

Okay, I'll definitely check it out.
'couches and alleys' by styrofoam featuring ben. never dug through styrofoam though, maybe there's more similar stuff...
Theyre pretty sweet. and they have a weirded out cover of a phil collins song, which makes any group good.
Ah man I love them so much!

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
i love how we will become silhouettes is the most upbeat song but the lyrics describe a post apocolyptic world "and thats when we'll explode" is sung just so joyfully lol i love it