I was thinking on buying a Peavey Classic 30 but I've seen this little 15watt Peavey Windsor Combo around half the price of the classic and I was wondering if it isn't more suitable for me, not only for my pocket, since it is intended to be used at home mainly (I'm begining to think that my gigging days are gone...)
If anybody tried this amp (not the head-cabinet option, I read some reviews on that one), please share your thoughts.
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
Last edited by Dabarro at Jul 2, 2007,
I don't think they're out anywhere to try yet, sport. Latest estimate, I believe, is September... ?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Stores have been willing to take your money for it for months now, giving you the option of emptying your pockets now and waiting for it to be released.

The original estimate was June but, last I heard - IIRC, it was pushed back to September.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Yup, it's not out yet.

There's a video here : http://www.gearwire.com/peavey-windsor-wnamm.html

But the guy on that is a jerk and makes it sound pretty average.

yeah, ive seen that video. i wasnt too impressed.

and to threadstarter, about the windsor being half the price, ive heard you can get great deals on classic 30s, and if you go used you can get the better looking tweed one. and you can get good tone at low volumes with the peavey classic, and then youd still have extra volume for jamming/gigs/whatever.

ive tried a peavey classic a couple times, and im super GAS'ing for one. its likely to be my next amp.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

A'ight, thanks for the info dudes. The classic'd be my target then.
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
Anyone heard of an update for the release? I don't think it took this long to build the Ark!

hellsbells1980
i heard final quarter of the year in europe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?