To begin off playing guitar, I purchased a Squier Affinity Strat and I do not like single coils.

So for my second guitar, I'm looking for a guitar with Dual Humbuckers, with a budget of max of around $500. A guitar thatll last, because I will not buy another guitar past the $500 range.

I was originally thinking of a Jackson Warrior WRXT. I tried it at the guitarshop, researched it and everything and I fell inlove with it. Then I noticed the Floyd Rose and I guess I have to go back to the drawing board. I ocassionally like playing Linkin Park (mostly Metallica/ACDC/all that good stuff) and their tunings are dropped really low than standard, which I guess isn't a good thing when having a Floyd?

Guys have any suggestions for guitars that have what I'm looking for? Or is the Warrior fine with tuning quick tuning down that low w/o adjusting the screws, since songs like Everlong by Foo Fighters and songs by Linkin Park have no bends or no tremelo action. (I really dont know that much about the floyd, but I'm willing to learn how to restring, watching the vids)

ps: i hate les pauls + SGs
Last edited by klducks at Jul 2, 2007,
If you're going to stay in ONE tuning—then the floyd is perfect. If you plan on changing tunings more than once or twice a week-in my opinion-then I would find another guitar.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Well lets say I have a guitar with a floyd, and it's in standard tuning.

I go over to a friends and hes like "lets jam Everlong" (Dropped D tuning). Do I really have to be in fear of breaking a string by just detuning the E down to D w/o any bends/tremelo work? or is the floyd really that difficult?
you cant detune!!
so find something else man coz with floyds you cannot detune

unless you buy a special EVH detuner switch

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
INot calling that form crappy as in a deruagatory term, but that slow lilting blues, that gives off the feeling of just being in the crapper

Quote by Gaiki
you cant detune!!
so find something else man coz with floyds you cannot detune

unless you buy a special EVH detuner switch

Called a 'D-Tuna' I do believe, google it.
k, thanks for the info. I guess I really can't get a guitar with a Floyd

I was thinking of the Jackson Warrior JS30 (already comfortable with the shape) but I just dont trust the bridge, or the quality.

Anybody got suggestions for a new guitar then with what I'm looking for?

edit: Every time I find a guitar that catches my eye, it has a Floyd!

I need help!
dont get the JS.
or any jackson at all. they're nearly all FR guitars. look for a hardtail something. no point of the hassle f a floyd rose, if ur not intending to use it too much...
I really do wonder why people constantly say **** like "With a floyd rose you cant de-tune" or "it take up to an hour to change strings with a floyd rose" and **** liek that because to de-tune all you need to do is unlock the nut and do it regularly, oh no a second or two off your regular routine what a terrible thing.

Anyway for hardtail I'd suggest the Ibanez RG321MH if you're on a tight budget, hardtail, two humbuckers, 24 frets, beautifully shaped neck, Hell I'm considering saving for one even though I dont really need it.
I would go for the Ibanez SZ320MH. Hard tail guitar, great for most things.
if you like jacksons have a look at the mg series
theres a few which are hardtail
jackson rr3 trans red
washburn x50profe trans black
ibanez sz320ex
jackson js1
crafter 20th

ENGL screamer 50 combo

boss sd-1
maxon od-808
boss ns-2
boss tu-2
ENGL z-5 footswitch
Thanks for the replies.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I really do wonder why people constantly say **** like "With a floyd rose you cant de-tune" or "it take up to an hour to change strings with a floyd rose" and **** liek that because to de-tune all you need to do is unlock the nut and do it regularly, oh no a second or two off your regular routine what a terrible thing.

Dont you have to adjust the springs on the bridge aswell?

Or can you just unlock the nut, detune by pegs, tighten nut, and be done with it?

Quote by rhys_jacksonrr3
if you like jacksons have a look at the mg series
theres a few which are hardtail

Yes, I am very interested in Jacksons. (more so than Ibanez)

However, I'm only limited to buying from Guitar Center because I got 2 giftcards for them, which is a good chunk of my budget. That being said, all the jackson guitars within my budget in guitar center have the floyd rose or are from the JS series..

Edit: is there a way where I can install a woodblock underneath the bridge so it isnt floating? And in that case, I dont need to adjust the springs in the bridge, but instead loosen the nut and detune, and tighten nut?