So the holidays are coming up and I'll have a job/money for a change. Which means a new guitar, which will probably be my last for a few years.

I'm wanting a bit of a metal guitar, 24 frets, active pickups (But I'd be willing to put some in myself, EMG81/85 ftw), Floyd Rose and under £400. I was looking at the LTD M-100 FM, which seems to fit this quite well, any thoughts or better suggestions?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
have a look at some the mg series by jackson
they shouldfit the bill nicely
jackson rr3 trans red
washburn x50profe trans black
ibanez sz320ex
jackson js1
crafter 20th

ENGL screamer 50 combo

boss sd-1
maxon od-808
boss ns-2
boss tu-2
ENGL z-5 footswitch
Quote by roythereaper
So the holidays are coming up and I'll have a job/money for a change. Which means a new guitar, which will probably be my last for a few years.

I'm wanting a bit of a metal guitar, 24 frets, active pickups (But I'd be willing to put some in myself, EMG81/85 ftw), Floyd Rose and under £400. I was looking at the LTD M-100 FM, which seems to fit this quite well, any thoughts or better suggestions?

1) Trem is not good quality, may wear out after severe use in a couple of months.
2) Agathis bodywood, most people don't like this as it is often used on starter guitars. It sounds very dull to me IMO.
3) Never get an LTD in UK! They are outrageously overpriced here. It's a shame. :/

I would buy a Washburn X40PRO, it has a Schaller trem (very reliable), Seymour Duncan pickups with coil tap (you can sell these to make some money back) and has a 24 fret bolt on neck. It's about £390.

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/269