After playing around with a lot of different riffs and song ideas, i finally came up with this today. Let me know what you think

EDIT: New version up
Attachments:
Outlook to Infinity.zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Jul 2, 2007,
wow into/chorus owns. riffs b and c were cool too, i found them to be good headbanging riffs. acoustic went well, alot better than i can do. wasn't really liking the first part of the break down though, the second part was superb. i would try adding a solo some where in there if i were u. i liked this song quite a bit, nice job.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

that was great man, only problem i can see is that in that main riff on the single string the first bar it is played everytime sounds....um....'forced' its like the rhythm of it doesnt fit so it sounds awkward? i dunno maybe change the first bar of it to something else and then its great. and no solo thats weird for you lol.

loved the acoustic verse nothing i can really fault with it to be honest.

mind checking out mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617500

also i just calculated the scores in the meta; contest if you wanna check em out. i hope i didnt make any mistakes. your currently in 4th, i dunno whats happening about zhilles thing but i dont think you can go up a place just from his vote change anyways.
Quite good. Very In Flames-y. Unfortunately, it's not the in flames i truly enjoy quite as much, but it's good. Sounds like something off Come Clarity (which is the best of they're recent ventures).

One thing though: What happened to the solos? This piece felt like it needed one.... And the break is good, but a bit boring... Other than that, good job.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Haha yup it was influenced by In Flames. Thanks for the crits guys!

And yea, I couldn't really think of a solo when I was tabbing this out, I don't really know where I should put it....I'll think of something though!

Sorry for the double post but I have a new version up with a solo now! I finally got some inspiration Can't wait to record it though, I don't think you can really get into the solo with GP

the solo fits perfectly it even carrys some of the melodies in the riffs in it, very nice, short but sweet
Dude, another amazing piece. Do you ever run out of ideas? Because it seems every time I check this section, you have a new song and it never gets old. Out of curiosity, how long does it normally take you to write these things? I loved the solo especially, it's a shame it wasn't longer. It flowed well, was headbangable and was insanely catchy at the same time. Perfect flow from acoustic to heavy. No problems here, as usual. I'm not sure, but I think you've already critted all of mine, but I'm working on a new one. I'll post again when it's up.
Haha thanks dude. How long it takes me to write a song? It depends really, this one took me about an hour maybe.

Ding! Intro/chorus influenced by In Flames' My Sweet Shadow perhaps? (rofl perhaps keeps making me think about Family Guy) Anyways, really nice intro, the verses are really well done, I really like the acoustic translation Chorus = intro = nice :P the solo didn't have much feeling I thought...and it could be longer >.>

overall, really nice song. Me likes it!!! 8/10

err no song to crit atm ;(
That was pretty awesome. I've been trying to write stuff in that kind of vein for a while now, but i never seem to be able to come up with anything fresh. How long have you been playing before you started writing like that? Any tips on specific scales or techniques or anything? Nice song man.
I thought their should be a clearer or more effective transition from the metal-led sections and the acoustic sections... I got tired of hearing it just cut back and forth... the first time was awesome, it was a relief from the tension, but most other times it just sounded to me like you couldn't be bothered to transition through the parts.

Overall, the song is great. Good hook, catchy riffing, melodic passages, very effective solo... great work, man.
Holy ****! Great song. The acoustic part is brillant. The solo really fits the song and isn't quick picking. One thing i didn't like so much was the chorus it sounded a bit cliche. But don't really listen to metal so i don't know

Crit Mine?
I liked the intro lead....sounded nice...and sounded like something that could be put into a Contra game
I liked riff B...although Riff A was better.
Riff C was nice though, I liked it.
The acoustic part was nice...I liked parts like 36 and so......although you need better transitions from the acoustic to the chorus and so.
I didn't like the break as much as the other parts....although the lead at 89 was nice.
The solo was great...but the bend at 98 in the 10 fret sounded weird, and I didn't expect 103 . It should be longer IMO.
Nice bells at the end

Great song...needs more work on the transitions though 8.5/10

Wanna crit one of mine? (in my sig...on of the last 2 if you can )
Thanks for the crits guys

Ahh it's been a while since I've heard something by you...

Yeh, obviously influenced by In Flames... :P

Great riffs ya got there, however the switching to acoustic for the verses thing, has never sat well with me, personally. It sounded great, flowed really well... just not my kind of thing. And when it goes into the chorus, that was great.

At the break, the drums seem lacking? I dunno... on those bars where it's only the guitar and nothing else it sounds empty to me.

However, other than that, You've got one great song here. Solo was short and sweet, perfect.

~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya