yoooo duuudes! I have 2000$ and im gonna buy me a new guitar! I play metall and rock,a floyd rose is a pluss.
do you already have a great amp? $2000 is quite a lot of money to spend, so you should probably head out to some different guitar stores and figure out which guitar(s) you like. they all feel very different. and now i'll stop, as a bunch of people are going to recommend esps, jacksons, and OMG LYK G3T A IBANEZZZ!!
1.) Do not say 'yoooo duuudes'. This is not the 80's.

2.) $2000 what? USD? AUD?

3.) What amp do you have?

4.) Please don't say MG.

5.) Please don't say Spider.

6.) If you answered 'yes' to 4. or 5., forget about a new guitar, get a better amp.

7.) What guitar do you have at the moment?
ibanez rg prestiege are a good range, the 220A is a sweet loookin model. or maybe the satriani range if you can afford it, not too sure how much they cost. mainly tho, you should play all you can get your hands on and see which feels best, 2 grand is a lot of money to be spending, so make sure it's a guitar youll like.
With that much money, maybe you could get a nice custom carvin. I'm not sure though.

With that big of a budget, just go try what you want, it's really hard to take advice from people with that sort of budget, bcause there's a pretty good market for that budget.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
That amount of money and that wording don't go toghether, I say dont do anything til you've played guitar for longer or you'll make a VERY big mistake.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
That amount of money and that wording don't go toghether, I say dont do anything til you've played guitar for longer or you'll make a VERY big mistake.

Exactly. If this was remotely genuine he would take the extra 5 minutes of effort to tell us what he has, what he might want, what he needs it for, etc.
ive got a old marshall half stack the head is a old valvestate it plays really good and i have a les paul with emg's. That i want in a guitar is humbukers and a floyd.
Well the old VS's are okay, but you could stand an upgrade though.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Can you guys come with some sugestions? pleease. I only read people complaining.
rr1 !
Quote by Wolven
So we decided since all we did was play Mortal Kombat and watched Power Rangers, we could defend ourselves, so we went and grabbed a bunch of crap to bombard the thing with.
You could probably use a new amp, but if you really don't have a problem with it then you should go for a custom Carvin. That should be right in that price range.