Welcome everyone!
I think that the whammy pedal is one of the best pedals has been built 'cause with this you can do strange and innovative noises..i don't have a whammy (200 € is a lot for me) but i have the digitech rp80 and i can emulate the whammy sound
A common misconception is that Tom Morello uses a lot of effects. He really doesn't. He just knows how to use them and his guitar better than your average player.
Quote by spoonylove90
cheapo

definitely not.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Hmmm... before this thread degenerates into something about rp80's, howabout anyone who owns a whammy describe how they get some cool sounds from it, or at the very least describe some tom morello or joe satriani esque things...

When I get money it's the next pedal I will buy, I keep borrowing my mate's for gigs and it's awesome
your right it is great

Gear
-------
Ibanez RG370DXGP2 w/ EMG 81 at bridge, EMG SA Middle, EMG 60 Neck

Marshall AVT100

Dunlop Cry Baby W/Faesal
I had a whammy pedal for about a week then returned it because while the sounds are fun for a while, I couldn't really see myself ever using it for real music.
I'm currently trying to get the first solo section of Bamboo by Satriani. Whammy is set to one octave up and its just a matter of getting used to the thing. But yeah it doen't get used that much. Might just have to flog the thing.
Quote by 03cobrasarenice
I had a whammy pedal for about a week then returned it because while the sounds are fun for a while, I couldn't really see myself ever using it for real music.

I have found myself time and time again in that situation. I've just decided to go more of an experimental or psycadelic feel to my music..... she works wonders now.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Jeez, do we need a thread about every single pedal or amp or company there is? Next we'll have a freakin' "Ultimate Biscuits Thread".
Quote by cokeisbetter
Jeez, do we need a thread about every single pedal or amp or company there is? Next we'll have a freakin' "Ultimate Biscuits Thread".

Good idea.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.