Well I'm searching for a good guitar cause it's been like 6 months since i bought my first electric guitar and i'm getting bored of it because is a guitar of a starter pack lol soo tell me about good (cheap) guitars please i play novice punk-pop and post hardcore things like My Chemical Romance, Paramore, The Used, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Fall Out Boy (I'm ashamed) and the likes.

So thank you in advanced and well that's all
Can You Tell a Killer From A Saviour?
Take a look at some Agiles their great I have the AL-3000 and it could beat any epiphone excluding elitist at a much better price. You can't try them before you buy them though because the only dealer is in central New Jersey. Here is the link http://www.rondomusic.net/ the Agile AL series start apearing at about page 3
CGDAEG
How can you get bored with your instrument? An instrument isn't a toy that you can play with for a while and then throw away. Anyway, I kept my starter pack guitar and amp until I needed a good tone, wich every serious guitarist needs, not just something new. I say keep your starter pack guitar for a while and learn a bit more about guitars while saving up for something more expensive, but it all depends on which amp you've got. If you have a starter pack amp, consider buying a new one too. I think you could get an Epiphone SG or a cheap Ibanez and a Roland Cube amp (if you need a new amp). I have good things from these guitars and amp.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
thank you for both dsayin post-hardcore, but FOB isnt post hardcore, its the most pop-rock youll find short of P!atd

that being said, epiphone SG or LP would be nice, or anythin else already said. just try out a bunch of guiars in your price range on a random assortment of amps at a music store. I went last time and decidded on a G-400 (epiphone) and a 30-watt Voxc amp (the model eludes me)
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
. . .

Don't all of those bands sound exactly the same?

You could get a better tone out of your starter pack. Trust me, replace your amp before your guitar. A freakin' Ibanez JEM20th would still sound sh!tty through a 6W mudbox.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Stentroll
How can you get bored with your instrument? An instrument isn't a toy that you can play with for a while and then throw away. Anyway, I kept my starter pack guitar and amp until I needed a good tone, wich every serious guitarist needs, not just something new. I say keep your starter pack guitar for a while and learn a bit more about guitars while saving up for something more expensive, but it all depends on which amp you've got. If you have a starter pack amp, consider buying a new one too. I think you could get an Epiphone SG or a cheap Ibanez and a Roland Cube amp (if you need a new amp). I have good things from these guitars and amp.

Ok my amp is a Spider II and i think it sounds great but people have told me that the humbuckers of my guitar are not the best and I'm going to start playing a lot of songs in festivals at my school and i think i need a better sound so that's why I'm searching for a new guitar. Thanks for your advise!
Get a new amp first, the amp will be sucking far more than the guitar....and if you get a new guitar it'll still sound just as sucky.

Ok my amp is a Spider II and i think it sounds great but people have told me that the humbuckers of my guitar are not the best and I'm going to start playing a lot of songs in festivals at my school and i think i need a better sound so that's why I'm searching for a new guitar. Thanks for your advise!

Nope, that's still a sucky amp I'm afraid...if you want a better sound then you have to replace it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Basically, get a decent amp first. Remember that your enitre sound comes out of the amp, so it's important to have a good one to get a good tone
ohai little sig.
Quote by Ishiga
. . .

if you listen to them enough you see the differences.

like everyone has said, get a better amp first. since you are new to it you prob. wont need more than say a 30W amp. you wont need a stack or anythin so go for the lower end combo amps probably.

if ou still dont like the sound after that, try new guitars through the amp perhaps.l
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
He'll want something with a solid overdrive, I'd say a peavey valveking?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
. . .

You could get a better tone out of your starter pack. Trust me, replace your amp before your guitar. A freakin' Ibanez JEM20th would still sound sh!tty through a 6W mudbox.

Well they kinda sound the same (excluding The Used selfititled and the first MCR record)

and yes i know i've got a Spider II amp but i'm told i need better humbuckers so it would sound better well anyway! thank you!
Quote by ChemyVamp
Well they kinda sound the same (excluding The Used selfititled and the first MCR record)

and yes i know i've got a Spider II amp but i'm told i need better humbuckers so it would sound better well anyway! thank you!

again kid find a better amp first. a **** guitar can sound nice through a good amp

and dont compare FOB to any of those other abnds, plz. no comp[arison.
Quote by wannabe jesus

Yes, and you have been told WRONG....changing pickups won't make a gnat's penis worth of difference with that amp. If you want to improve your sound....

You. Need. A. New. Amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Yes, and you have been told WRONG....changing pickups won't make a gnat's penis worth of difference with that amp. If you want to improve your sound....

You. Need. A. New. Amp.

+1

spider II = ........

get a decent combo amp and your humbuckers will probbyl sound ebtter
Quote by wannabe jesus
Trust me. When it comes to line 6, the only difference humbuckers will make is how crunchy the distortion will come out. In most cases, it sounds like a coke can in a blender. Not pretty.

Like everyone's saying, get a new amp. I'd like to repeat myself as to suggest a Peavey Valveking.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_peavey_valveking_112_combo_amp?full_sku=104003397
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
new amp, spider's are renowned as being worse tonally that a tin can full of nails. Get yourself something like a peavey windsor, and do not even THINK about going for a marshall MG
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Don't listen to these guys. If you like your Spider, keep it. In these forums, if someone says "OMG, Spd0rz r teh sux!!1!" everyone else says that too.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
well i won't compare any band with any band and thank you all for helping me i'm going to punch that guy (the one who told me about the humbuckers) in the face and then i'll get a new amp and i won't think about a Marshall MG or a Line 6 one and i'll keep in mind about a Peavey Valveking!

thank you!
Don't listen to these guys. If you like your Spider, keep it. In these forums, if someone says "OMG, Spd0rz r teh sux!!1!" everyone else says that too.

The TS specifically stated that he wants to improve his sound - there's only one way to do it and that's ditch the amp. You can swap pickups, swap guitars and throw as many pedals at it as you want but the amp is the culprit here, all the other stuff would be firefighting at best but won't get rid of the problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I've got a spider III.

If you're still new to it, it sounds nice. But once you upgrade to some decent pickups, it sounds all kinds of f'ed up. The distortion isn't muddy but it's not smooth at all, but that could be just me. The digital selector thing is just plain stupid, it never works right. It never remembers my presets, the effects are a pain in the ass to use, and above all, I can't turn it past half volume or it won't play anything at all.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Stentroll

haha thanks! i'll keep in mind that too
If anyone's still reading, got a quick question. Can I mix&match heads / cabs, like just for example a crate head with a marshall cab?
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Get a new amp, as a Spider II owner (it lives in the attic now for emergencies), you'll benefit so much more from a new amp - I'm not saying the spider is terrible - I used it for 6 months and was very happy, but when I started playing with other people and hearing other amps, and my ear started to improve, I got a valve amp, and I've never looked back.
Quote by steven seagull
The TS specifically stated that he wants to improve his sound - there's only one way to do it and that's ditch the amp. You can swap pickups, swap guitars and throw as many pedals at it as you want but the amp is the culprit here, all the other stuff would be firefighting at best but won't get rid of the problem.

There are better amps than the Spider I know, but all I'm trying to say is that Spiders aren't bad. A Starter pack Squier or whatever through a Peavey Valveking or something will probably sound just as good as an Ibanez or Jackson through a Spider. I'm just sick of seeing people who say "Spiders suck" without saying why.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Ishiga
If anyone's still reading, got a quick question. Can I mix&match heads / cabs, like just for example a crate head with a marshall cab?

no idea. id assume so
Quote by wannabe jesus