How do you guys learn hard solo's..

Do you break it down into bars and then get it to sound right ?
break it down into parts. Try to find a logical pattern in the solo as well. Practice slowly till you've got it memorized, then speed up but use only your memory
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
^^what he said.
Turn down the distortion first, so you don't learn the solo with little mistakes.
Sigs are too hard to think up
Take it bar by bar, separate it into smaller licks and really study them rather than just blasting through. Also study like the rythms and everything. Then when youve learned move your favourite licks from it into another key n pretend they are yourshehe..
Guitar:Gibson Les Paul Standard

Amp:Vox AC30

Everyone listen to MGMT
i play it like 40 bpm slower than it originally is... break it up into 3 or 4 segments, and then work on getting it up to speed
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Jonjy2
I play it extremely slowly at first alot so I can memorize it...Then i turn on the metronome and go slowly, then build up as i go

I do that too. I also break it into pieces if needed.
I'm back, you douchebags.
i play it the freelicks way, breaking down each solo into a part, and memorizing it that way.
freelicks.net will help get you started
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Ugh, do NOT go to freelicks .com. Trust me. Make sure its .net when you type it.
I'm back, you douchebags.
yeah same here, break it down into parts. then get in memory and speed it up by memory. i cant play fast by looking at the tabs all in the memoria!
Quote by One Way Ticket
Ugh, do NOT go to freelicks .com. Trust me. Make sure its .net when you type it.

Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
^^
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Luckily for me, I don't like around 60% of the solos out there. :p

It depends really. If it's an AC/DC type solo, it's not going to make sense unless it's played up to speed. With that stuff, I'd break it down into bars and keep everything up at the recorded tempo. Examples are Ozzy Osbourne (Randy Rhodes) solos, Van Halen tapping crap, etc.

If it's a Queen solo, it'll still make sense if you play it slowly, as long as you have the correct rhythms. Examples of such are Pink Floyd solos.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
hahaha. i personally can't learn solos in little chunks, not at first, for some reason. i need to be able to hear it. so i just listen to the piece over and over again, and slowly stumble through the solo via music or by ear, until i at least figure out the entire piece through. then i go back and slowly work on it bit by bit.