I haven't had much experience of a locking tremolo, and I wasn't given much advice when I bought the guitar.

But I wondering If I am tuning the guitar correctly..

When the guitar is out of tune, which doesen't happen often (thanks to the locking tremolo) I'm wondering if I should be adjusting it via the nuts at the neck of the guitar as standard, the way that I am just now. I am also wondering about the purpose of the fine tuners towards the end of the body?

As you can probably tell im pretty damn confused Any help greatfully appreciated !
yeah, losen the nuts at the neck and tune it.

i think the fine tuners are to tune it very finely and accurutly bt im not too sure
The fine tuning are what you use when the nut is locked. NOTHING ELSE. Don't unlock the nit every time you want to retune.
Dude I have that same guitar it just ****ing rocks love the neck pickup and the neck is just wow.....

So when you are out of tune unlock the locking nut and tune from E string to e string then from A to b and then D to G that way it stays in tune better, tune until it is in perfect tune, then lock the locking nut, also, make sure the fine tuners are at the top position

afterwards if you want to make small adjustments to your tuning or your guitar is a little bit out of tune, tune with the fine tuners..

Also, you have to make sure the bridge is setup correctly which means is parallel to the body of the guitar

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
if its barely out of tune you can use the fine tuners at the bridge. They're the little screw looking things.
The RG370DX is weak. Fairly sturdy built, but with cheap materials.

So dont go bangin the walls with it.

Now, The EDGE pro tremolo is okay. Dont detune like cheap floyds and is easy to tune as well to string. You have to be patient. And fasten the nuts in the headstock HARD!

Friend of mine got this guitar. The Headstock Got a major crack after standing against the wall.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
When you tune, Set the fine tuners in the middle position and tune:

6-5
6-5-4
6-5-4-3
6-5-4-3-2
6-5-4-3-2-1
And then go over every string for a bit.

And get it tuned! Then you Lock very hard and do the fine tuning.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by '=-
[Ibanez][-=']http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a230/Hobboz/?action=view&current=PDRM0567.jpg
Yeah it's dirty, lol. Does the trem seem parallel to the body?

And what happens if I tune it without unlocking the bolt at the top of the fretboard? (Like i have been)

I Cant see anything wrong with your trem.

I have a schaller trem, which is a medicore Floyd Rose trem. And it gets detune after ALOT of chuncking.

EDIT: If you tune without unlocking at the top, The strings will probably snap. The tension on the top might become too big. And the tuning wont happen on the guitar itself.
When we mean parallel to the body, we mean like this. Here's my RG370. (note the OFR instead of an EDGE III).

off topic
lawl scallops

I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by perkristian876
I Cant see anything wrong with your trem.

I have a schaller trem, which is a medicore Floyd Rose trem. And it gets detune after ALOT of chuncking.

EDIT: If you tune without unlocking at the top, The strings will probably snap. The tension on the top might become too big. And the tuning wont happen on the guitar itself.

You crazy?! Schaller trems are amazing! I have one in my 370, and I have no tuning problems at all, even after crazy whammy bar wankage. I think its the way you have yours set up or installed, because you shouldn't have any tuning problems. I'd get it re set up.
^So, you had an OFR originally in your RG370, then replaced it with a Schaller trem?
Quote by Biatch
^So, you had an OFR originally in your RG370, then replaced it with a Schaller trem?

No no, Schaller makes their own versions of original floyd rose's. Same exact shape, construction. Everything. But it's made out of a different metal. Both are amazing trems. Amazing feel and tuning stability.
So that's why I just call my Schaller an OFR. The only difference is the metal.
Quote by One Way Ticket
You crazy?! Schaller trems are amazing! I have one in my 370, and I have no tuning problems at all, even after crazy whammy bar wankage. I think its the way you have yours set up or installed, because you shouldn't have any tuning problems. I'd get it re set up.

wow dude, I wrote kinda wrong. It NEVER GETS DETUNED AFTER ALOT OF CHUNKING!
The schaller is much better than the licesed on LTD KH guitars!
Quote by perkristian876
wow dude, I wrote kinda wrong. It NEVER GETS DETUNED AFTER ALOT OF CHUNKING!
The schaller is much better than the licesed on LTD KH guitars!

Hahah, happens to the best of us.