Yes, i know there is a health and fitness thread here but what i want to know, i don't think is in there. So here's a few questions...

How much would i need to run each day to see significant results?

Would I need to run that distance everyday or would i need to rest every-other day?

Would i still lose some weight if i was weight lifting or would it just be less?

I think thats it. Everything about dieting and stuff is in the big thread about this stuff so this is all i really need to know.

Thanks for any help given and please be extra sure of whether your right or not. I don't want to do something wrong for a week and end up having to start over.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
yes, you might lose some weight from lifting light weights at high reps to tone, not build, muscle.

i would rest if i ran, but my knees are really bad and i cant run or even do squats
I'm not an expert, but when I started running, I was told to start really small and build up. Going out straight away running for 10miles is not the way to do it. Start gentle and then think about increasing general speed, or length.
Have a look at interval training too. Good luck.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Running is cardio work. Doesn't necessarily help you lose weight in significance... good to do every day because any doctor will tell you to raise the heart beat at least 20 min. a day for good heart health.

Mostly it's diet and exercise. Run every day, that's always good. Lift weights like 3 times a week. There are great plans available so you spend one day doing arms, one day doing legs, etc...
you do cardio every single day (so yes you run or jump rope every day)
you do not lose weight from lifting weights alone, you only get stronger
as for lifting, lift weights for upper body one day, then lift for lower body or core train the next day
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
I started running about a mile or two a day, but then we were doing 1500m in PE at the time, so I was in shape. Try to run on grass in a park, rather than on tarmac or concrete, as the grass will be better for your knees.
So how much should i run in a day? I did run cross country for two year so i can run, just how much is a good amount to see results.

Ps. I am dieting a stuff while doing all of this.

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
You don't need to go on a huge diet thing with this - 5 fruit/veg, 8 glasses of water a day, less junk food should be fine. I'm tempted to say until you're struggling to keep going, but I don't mean crawling on your knees. When the strain is on your chest and lungs, and you feel suitably worked out?
Quote by blue_strat
You don't need to go on a huge diet thing with this - 5 fruit/veg, 8 glasses of water a day, less junk food should be fine. I'm tempted to say until you're struggling to keep going, but I don't mean crawling on your knees. When the strain is on your chest and lungs, and you feel suitably worked out?

Ok... I'll try two or so and see on that.

sorry guys another question. I'm just starting today on that whole four-five meals a day thing and I"m wondering what would be considered a small meal. So far today i've eaten two bowls of cereal cause i can't really think of anything else to eat that would be considered "small." Whats some suggetions?

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
That sounds like overcomplicating matters. You don't need to go on a special diet or anything to keep in shape. Just eat normally - you know those pie charts that show the proportions of carbohydrates, protein, fats etc you should eat per day? They're usually around in doctors' clinics. All you need to do is follow them and exercise.

There will be people that disagree with me - this is just my opinion.
I don't know really what's best, but when I started working out, I started at running 4 miles a day. But you gotta push yourself. It's not just how far you go, but how fast you go, how many breaks you take. (I used to be at like, 4 10-minute miles with a break after 2 miles, but just recently I did 5 9.5-minute miles with no break, still not as good as I'd like to be, but oh well.)

I never really felt the need to build muscle mass, so I just went for cardio stuff- running, biking, jumping rope, etc. As far as I know, that cardio is for burning fat and the weight-lifting is for building muscle mass.
Fuck running!

Get two of those Sumo suits, and a friend of equal strength. Trying to take someone down in them is a serious work out, and is really fun.
Get a trampoline. Spend an hour a day on that baby and you will lose so much weight, no joke. Those things are exhausting.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
I was pretty big into body building until I tore my rotator cuff. Before I can help you I need to know what kind of shape you are in, how much you weigh and like arm/neck/waist measurements. However the biggest thing is your diet. It is 10x more important than any exercise. Try to eat at least 6x a day using smaller portions than you are used to. This will dramatically increase your metabolism.

You should not stop lifting. Weight is just a number, how you look is much more important. But anyway you will continue to lose weight if your diet and cardio is in check while lifting, it just won't be as much. And also make sure to eat 1g of protien per body lb so that you will actually be building muscle and not just depleting your body of all its nutrients. Lifting is great in that it keeps you from getting skinny fat while losing weight and the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism runs.

As for running i'd say mix it up with high intensity training on days you dont lift, anything like sprints or something that keeps your heart rate up very high for about 20-30 minutes. For the days you do lift low intensity cardio AFTER you lift for about 30-45. Just go for a little jog or a long walk.

Hope that helps if you need some clarity on some of it just pm me or whatever.