Page 1 of 3
I've been recently getting more and more into true hardcore (gorilla biscuits, minor threat, bad brains, etc.) and I'm very glad I have but...

I wanted to find some more post-hardcore bands to listen to. I suppose my definition of post-hardcore would be bands like Alexisonfire, Evergreen Terrace, etc. Sorry if this isn't your definition of post hardcore, but if you have any bands you would like to reccomend please do.

Thanks.
What you're listening to is far from Post-Hardcore, man.

Take a listen to basically everything on Dischord records, but here is a quick list:

Drive Like Jehu
Fugazi
Embrace
Hoover
Regulator Watts
Grey Matter
Clikatat Ikatowi
At the Drive-In
Driftwood
The Sorts
Rain Like the Sound of Trains
The Crownhate Ruin
Soulside
Bread and Circuits
Please Inform the Captain This Is A Hijack
Roosevelt
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Quote by lifeskater09
I've been recently getting more and more into true hardcore (gorilla biscuits, minor threat, bad brains, etc.) and I'm very glad I have but...

I wanted to find some more post-hardcore bands to listen to. I suppose my definition of post-hardcore would be bands like Alexisonfire, Evergreen Terrace, etc. Sorry if this isn't your definition of post hardcore, but if you have any bands you would like to reccomend please do.

Thanks.

Changing Of Times-era Underoath is a definite must for you.

Also, check out As Cities Burn.
ick, we could recommend you bands that fit your definition but then that would go against the thread title.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Like I've said, I am probably a little off on my definition of post-hardcore, and I kind of wanted to see what bands fit the bill for you guys.

Thanks disco vietnam, I'll check some of those out.

and to I am the robots, I listen to a lot of as cities burn already, and a little bit of underoath, but not from that era, so I suppose I can't be too far off track.
Sorry for the double post, my edit button isn't working for some reason.

Anyways, I downloaded a few fugazi and drive like jehu songs, and I like what I hear so far, so thanks.

And for the record, what does alexisonfire go under?
Quote by lifeskater09

Anyways, I downloaded a few fugazi and drive like jehu songs, and I like what I hear so far, so thanks.

Alexisonfire pretty much goes under absolute bollocks.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

Quote by lifeskater09

I would classify them as something around faux pop hardcore. If you want something a little similar to them, you'll probably like Anatomy of A Ghost, Trophy Scars, andFear Before The March Of Flames.
Note that those bands are not post hardcore.
Last edited by Paris_In_Flames at Jul 2, 2007,
^^^ what do you consider Fear Before now then?

If you want the same thing as Alexisonfire listen to Dance Gavin Dance.
Last edited by Knife2aGunFight at Jul 2, 2007,
Quote by Knife2aGunFight
^^^ what do you consider Fear Before now then?

If you want the same thing as Alexisonfire listen to Dance Gavin Dance.

I only listen to Odd How People Shake, and I would say thats pop hardcore, but thats just my opinion of a genre.
The Always Open Mouth is far superior to anything else that band has recorded and I'd probably consider that Post-hardcore in the same sort of vein as These Arms Are Snakes..
Im probably going to get flamed for saying this but in my opinion Chiodos are one of the best post-hardcore bands out there right now. Mostly because I only listen to very little post-hardcore and they're my favourite.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by PaintOurSilence
Im probably going to get flamed for saying this but in my opinion Chiodos are one of the best post-hardcore bands out there right now. Mostly because I only listen to very little post-hardcore and they're my favourite.

I vehemently disagree with that. Chiodos are not Post-Hardcore or any good for that matter.
Quote by LPIndin

Quote by PaintOurSilence

Boooooooo.
ooooooo.

On The Might of Princes
Quicksand
Ink and Dagger

I say Trophy Scars is Post-Hardcore mang.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
Quote by J Lock
Boooooooo.
ooooooo.

On The Might of Princes
Quicksand
Ink and Dagger

I say Trophy Scars is Post-Hardcore mang.

Righteous! Someone else who has heard of Quicksand. I'll also add Burn to my list.
Quote by LPIndin

quicksand are probably one of the more prominently known mid 90's post hardcore bands, it's defiantly not a surprise more then two people know them.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
haha yeah Quicksand are quite good.

also glad he mentioned Ink & Dagger
Quote by SilentSpectacle
post-metal > post-hardcore

post metal > most things
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
I consider Hot Cross and Bear vs Shark to be post hardcore, but they're two pretty different bands so I don't know. They both kick ass though.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
post-metal > post-hardcore

Word.

Isis and Pelican are so tight.
Cult Of Luna rules too.
Quote by LPIndin

Isis, Pelican, Cult Of Luna, Tides, Giant, Boris and Russian Circles are my favorites.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Isis, Pelican, Cult Of Luna, Tides, Giant, Boris and Russian Circles are my favorites.

I wouldn't really call Boris Post-Metal. Most of their material is Doom/Stoner Rock/Drone.
Quote by LPIndin

^Eh, close enough. Those genres realllly mesh.

Also I adore Jesu even though they're "Shoegaze".

Basically I just call most down-tempo heavy music "post-metal" to avoid subgenre confuzzlement.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
^Eh, close enough. Those genres realllly mesh.

Also I adore Jesu even though they're "Shoegaze".

Basically I just call most down-tempo heavy music "post-metal" to avoid subgenre confuzzlement.

Jesu is great apart from their new album. I was so stoked to hear that they would be playing with Isis in February, but do to passport complications, they didn't come until later in the year.
Quote by LPIndin

welp this thread has been hijacked

and to the OP: These Arms are Snakes and glassjaw
post metal began with neurosis and the melvins/ hydra heads good, but you all don't have a problem wiht calling out fugazi and bad brains, but can't even name the two above
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
Quote by bloodstained
post metal began with neurosis and the melvins/ hydra heads good, but you all don't have a problem wiht calling out fugazi and bad brains, but can't even name the two above

What?

You switched from talking about post-metal to post-hardcore mid sentence.
Quote by bloodstained

I'm I the only one who doesn't thing the melvins are that great?
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
I'm I the only one who doesn't thing the melvins are that great?

I love them for the sole fact that they influenced Boris.
Quote by LPIndin

should love them cause they recorded a album with jello biafra and re-recorded some original DK songs.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
To the dudes who like Post Metal...yall dig Agalloch? Might not exactly fit the genre but incredible music nonetheless. Limbs and Falling Snow are tight songs.

and bloodstained you're a homo
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
ahhah not as much as you for calling agalloch post metal. hahahhahaaha.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
Take the dick out of your ass and learn how to read. And homos can't use homo as an insult, homo.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

Quote by Gomorrah
Take the dick out of your ass and learn how to read. And homos can't use homo as an insult, homo.

You’re the one that is to impotent and results to homophobic jokes douche
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
Page 1 of 3