Page 1 of 2
first of all, is it legal?
i downloaded it, but when i try and download something, it says

Limewire is unable to find a liscence. Download any way?

whats it mean? should i download anyway?
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
No, in itself it is not illegal. You are allowed to load and instal it, but in the eyes of the law, not use it. I think you can download some special material but Im not sure of that.

And by the way, all those stories of the police tracking your IP is bull****. They cant find you in your basement
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
how would they catch you?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
no its actually legal somehow, the fact that limewire pro costs money has something to do with it, the government would have for sure steped in if it was illegal.
Limewire's bad, mmmkay?
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Quote by idontknow,mike
no its actually legal somehow, the fact that limewire pro costs money has something to do with it, the government would have for sure steped in if it was illegal.

so the pro version is ok?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
If you live in Canada you can legally d/l music from it. Just do it... all the cool kids are trying it.
God damn, just download it. Think of how many arrests there would've been if the police actually gave a ****. Plus the free version is the same damn thing as the pro version. The only way they can mess with you is by shutting down Limewire, which isn't going to happen. It took them years to shut down the free version of Napster.
The proram is legal because their user agreement states that they have nothing to do with what people put on there.

However, downloading the material isn't. But who cares?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Use torrents, much better, as they will not not rape your computer with spy/adware.

And Limewire itself is legal, but using it to download copyrighted material is not.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by zero_123
so the pro version is ok?

Download Pro for free from some torrent website and use that. The only people that get in trouble for Limewire stuff are the people that upload thousands of songs.
Quote by CrossBack7
I've never gotten spyware or anything from Limewire. I've never tried Torrents though. I'm too lazy to go find sites to download off of.

Thats why we get ares, which can double as P2P and torrents, that and demonoid = awesome
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
ok, the pro version is already on my computer.....when the hell did i get that?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
It is a legal application. It's INTENDED use is legal, what most people use it for is illegal. Most arrests are against the people SHARING a **** load of music though.
Yeah, the program is legal, it is uploaded and downloading copyrighted material that is illegal. Just tell the program not to upload anything off your computer and delete/rename files you download and delete your history. Do all that and it would be hard for you to get busted.
Like said before, use torrents. uTorrent + Demonoid + PeerGaurdian = foolproof.
UG's Local Reverend. PM me to absolve your sins.
Yeah, I think it's legal because you pay for limewire pro, which I guess means they pay someone to be okay? Either way just do what I do and stay away from the naked kids and don't download the files that look fake. Oh, and tell it not to share with people.
Quote by charlieballc
uh i googled Rosie Palm, nothing except gloves...
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
Yeah, I think it's legal because you pay for limewire pro, which I guess means they pay someone to be okay? Either way just do what I do and stay away from the naked kids and don't download the files that look fake. Oh, and tell it not to share with people.

how do i tell it to not share?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
[edit] ^ that too.

Tool - options - sharing tab (on the side) - then Unclick the box that says share finished downloads. Just to be safe when you're done with that click the uploads tab - go into each option and unclick the boxes and set the number of uploads to 0 in the 2 areas.
Quote by charlieballc
uh i googled Rosie Palm, nothing except gloves...
Here's an abusive trick - Download the free version of Limewire, then download Limewire Pro off it ABUSE!
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Here's an abusive trick - Download the free version of Limewire, then download Limewire Pro off it ABUSE!

I figured that out before I was born.
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
[edit] ^ that too.

Tool - options - sharing tab (on the side) - then Unclick the box that says share finished downloads. Just to be safe when you're done with that click the uploads tab - go into each option and unclick the boxes and set the number of uploads to 0 in the 2 areas.

thanks
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
i dunno, i don't even know how i have it....
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Technically if the stuff you're downloading is the property of someone who shared it on there in the first place then it is legal (ie. if they made it/own the copyright).

That generally doesn't happen though.

Oh and as people have said if you're not uploading stuff that isn't yours you should be ok.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
They're just media licenses that Windows Media Player needs in order to play some tracks.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It was my impression that they don't do anything about the downloaders but look for the big file sharers.

On soulseek I'm sharing 10,000+ music files...hah...

Time to move them to another folder.
Do you guys know that you can just go on Limewire, search for Limewire Pro and download that there? I find it hilarious that you can download the paid-for version of Limewire through their own software... free!
Do you know how many millions of people use limewire a day? Screw Legality, You'll never be caught.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
I don't believe that limewire is illegal and it's highly unlikely that you'll get caught unless you're downloading while on college campus...
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Page 1 of 2