100 watt all tube half stack. How is it compared to the peavey valve king? Metal tone wise? How are the cleans?
Every single answer is a 'Better' that has better everything than the valveking. I'm not dissing the valveking, its not that bad of an amp, but the at-100 is a lot better.
i find it funny that you are a member of peavey is amazing club yet you are dissing to valveking lol. anyways the metal tones on the at100 are great and the cleans are alright

edit: hm nevermind tothe dissing part lol
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
dude, I was wondering the same about the exact same to amps. But I know which one I would like and which on is better. the B52 At100 would take the valveking easily. I think it's a versitile amp. you can get classic rock tones and maybe metal tones out of it. plus I hear the clean is pretty good
I've spent dozens of hours on the B-52. It's a better amp. It has some fine tones. However, it isn't perfect; it's worth it's price. It's a fine amp, but far from perfect. If you don't have a ton of money, it's about as good as you'll likely get, new.
Quote by Twist of fate
cool. Ever get head from a stuffed animal?

Quote by casualty01
Say hello to your new warden, bitches!
Quote by Masamune
I love you
Yeah everyone before suggested a used 5150 combo because its the most awesomeest thing ever to be made for metal. But i dont want to buy used and $1000 is my absolute max on money.
Better than an MG, loads. It's also probably the best in it's price range, when you're buying new. Versatile too. Queensryche uses them now.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
you really do get what you paid for with the at-100. it's a good amp, outclasses the valveking in pretty much every category, but it's nothing spectacular. more versatile than the vk, but it still sounds like a wannabe mesa to me.
I have one, thats all you have to know.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
There is no way a B52 of any kind outclasses the Valveking. I have had both.
The B52 is an awesome amp. I just picked one up after extensively playing it The B52 has awesome cleans and probably even better distortion. It really is the most bang for your buck imo. The amp is also LOUD AS ****, like it's already shaking my house and it's only on 1 volume. I've heard people say things like "they're not built to last" but I dunno, my amp feels pretty damn solid.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by Op3th at Jul 2, 2007,
I had a AT100. Not bad and great for the price. But, I always felt like I was missing something to my sound. I sold it and bought a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec. If you are deperate for a amp then get the AT100. If you want true sound and power get a Boogie. There is nothing better.
voodoo LP
LP standard faded
3 LP studios
Slash gld top
Slash LP drk tobacco brst
epi slash signature LP 90's
ovation acous/elec
BC mockinbird
Marshall 6100LM & 1960 cab
Marshall 6100 (blue) full stack
Korg DTR2000 tune
The B52 probably sounds a little better for metal, but I have had issues with two of them. I now have a Valveking, which would probably be ok with a speaker upgrade for metal. Need a pedal, though.